Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

A while ago we were doing the single track below the bridges when we (5 of us) were approached by a male about 40 years old, he had no shirt or shoes and said that he had just been robbed at knife-point by two b-males. He was apparently robbed of his bike and cellphone as well as his shoes as i suspect that would take him longer to get help. We reported it to the reserve rangers and they communicated it over the radios. I have no idea of what happened thereafter. I stay clear of the single track and now only ride the conservancy part of the reserve. He was cycling alone... probably made him a easy target.

Just to avoid confusion;

The "conservancy" trails are Groenkloof.

The "single track below the bridges" are referred to as Fountains. 

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks. I ride the reserve trails quite a lot on my own. The guards have warned me against riding in the fountains section alone. Normally don't see anyone around but was just wondering because I saw a stray looking guy near the fence at the top where the path runs next to the road recently. He didn't appear threatening but didn't look like he belonged either.

Anyone want to do Klapperkop trails for about 30 mins or so on Friday morning at 05:30 or 06:00. I only want to go if there is a few people in a group. It is quite light by then and nice and cool still too.

Edited by DieVlieg

I did KK this morning, around 5.45. Came in from Waterkloof's side (Im a bit useless with street names), and took the singletrack that goes left off the tar just after the first left turn, it spits you out at the bottom by the guard house, we were 2 people but didn't see anything funny. The animals were pretty relaxed as well, didn't look as if anything spooked them

Did Klapperkop laps on Saturday.  Also spotted two characters in the distance. Did report to the reserve patrol when they pitched up with their quad bike and also later to the police who did patrols.

I heard from a nurse that they stitched up a guy that was stabbed 7 times on Klapperkop. Unclear on where on KK it happened and at what time but he was in theater on Saturday to be stitched up. Apparently he was with his wife. Does anyone have any info of this?

Apparently two students was sitting in a bench and was attacked by these brainless pigs . The man ran for help and left the chick behind to fend for herself !!! They later found the woman in Sunnyside , I am not to sure htf she got there !! She had a few bruises but was apparently ok otherwise . 

Edited by dirt-rider

A friend of mine and her fiancée was attacked on Klapperkop Friday evening. I think it's the couple that Letum911 is referring to. They stole the lady's jewellery (luckily not her engagement ring) and her fiancée was stabbed a few times. Both of them are OK, the guy needed some stitches and the lady has a few bruises, luckily they didn't try anything with her. It's getting hectic up there... :(

So the problem is getting worse not better in the east. There vagrants besetting most empty fields in the east too. Initiatives like a critical mass is necessary where people get together and reclaim vacant land as safe areas. There are too many of these stories floating around. It is even threatening communities that live in the areas close to these fields. We are already hearing of attacks in "Protected" areas like Groenkloof.

Definately just avoiding unsafe areas wont work. We need to infest these areas in a safe manner and by our presence show we are not afaraid.

A friend of mine and her fiancée was attacked on Klapperkop Friday evening. I think it's the couple that Letum911 is referring to. They stole the lady's jewellery (luckily not her engagement ring) and her fiancée was stabbed a few times. Both of them are OK, the guy needed some stitches and the lady has a few bruises, luckily they didn't try anything with her. It's getting hectic up there... :(

wtf.

Could you get specifics please.  Time of day, location, etc.  It would be appreciated.

It was Friday evening at about 7, they were up at one of the viewpoints drinking wine when they were attacked.

Don't think it's the same people. The couple I'm talking about was older, the guy is a "Dominee" of some sort, older people if I understood correctly. And they were attacked while cycling. Unfortunately she can't give me names etc due to confidentiality. 

Apparently two students was sitting in a bench and was attacked by these brainless pigs . The man ran for help and left the chick behind to fend for herself !!! They later found the woman in Sunnyside , I am not to sure htf she got there !! She had a few bruises but was apparently ok otherwise . 

Not to be judgmental but what man leaves a lady to fend for herself? Glad she's ok. Hope she got all the needed medical tests and checks done