Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

I am going to make a similar suggestion I made to the  guys in the Cape We should consider looking at meeting points where we can group together as we enter the KK area and form groups to go through.  Not sure how practical it would be in the week but weekends it would be.  Form a group of 4-5 riders.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be out there tomorrow morning from about 6 till 6.30 (KK is our turn around point), too short to form part of a group but at least it's another body on the road. We come in from Waterkloof's side and normally take the singletrack on the left (after the 1st turn) that leads down to the R21 gate then back on the tar over KK home. I am seriously considering skipping the singletrack due to the attacks (we're 2 guys together)

I can try and join you. What area are you coming from maybe I can join you earlier along the route. By 6 I have done an hour or so already.

Cool. No problem. At least we get an idea.  The whole concept if the trails being the unsafe area is a misconception as I now know of two attacks on the tarred section. Would be great to know which set of benches.

1st set but I have no idea from what side

I can try and join you. What area are you coming from maybe I can join you earlier along the route. By 6 I have done an hour or so already.

Coming from Newlands/Menlyn side

Hey guys. I decided to stick to the tar road this morning. Just be vigilant, there's 4 bravo characters sitting between the 2 reservoirs across the road, 2 male and 1 female on the right and 1 male on the left of the tar road, doubt that they work there, all had some sort of cANCer clothing piece on, the 1 male a beret and the female a flag wrapped around her body

Just a note, they closed of the fields under the N1 on Dely Road just before you reach Lois ave. usually there was always a few camping out there and they have dispersed now since then. I alwayse avoided that part or powered thru there when i passed.

On anohter note is Groenkloof reserve still safe. I see they open at 5:30 the morning in summer time, im considering going thru there alone for some off road practice in the mornings.

Should be , I used to go there early morning last year . do you want to cycle from 05:30 for how long ? One loop normally all I can manage that time of the morning .

I'll cycle about 30min and arrive at 6:30 at the reserve Do a round trip and head to work after that so im only concerned with fountains circle and going alone in the reserve. But at that time traffic should be quite heavy in those areas.

Edited by Gerrie van der Walt

Warning to guys going down Lynnwood direction, N1

post-686-1412660857,9611.jpg

Lost a tyre there this morning. Some dwis left a few of these on the road surface...

post-686-1412661040,2412.jpg

Left me with this...

post-686-1412661065,5722.jpg

So will be visiting the LBS for a new tyre.

Just wish the bastard who left it behind can get a few of these up his ass.

post-686-1412660857,9611.jpg

Lost a tyre there this morning. Some dwis left a few of these on the road surface...

post-686-1412661040,2412.jpg

Left me with this...

post-686-1412661065,5722.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412660856.256180.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412661038.423790.jpg

Left me with this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412661063.497824.jpg

.....and don't forget the Beer Bottle Brigade.....them too.

Eish, grudge purchase for someone else's negligence or mischievous act.

• 2 weeks later...