Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I received an sms that a police man will adres people today at 2 o'clock at irene shooting range to

talk about the bike hijacking problem. anybody else got the sms?

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone cycling out on the Boschkop road ... please cycle in a group so that you're more visible or ideally with a following vehicle. I've had a couple of close calls out there and yesterday one of the ladies that cycles with us in the club was hit from behind.

She's OK. Her new bike is trashed. The police got the guy (he was drunk and drove off after he hit her) - not sure what the outcome will be but the most important thing is that she's only got a few scrapes.

Hi Alida. Thanks for the heads up. Boschkop has always been an issue with drunk stupid people. :angry:

Hope she heals up soon!! And gets a better new bike!! B)

• 7 months later...

Engine garage on R21S.

Watch out in that area, today as I was leaving the garage going to the sand road behind it some guy ran ahead of me through the gap in the prefab wall, didn't think much of it. As I rode through the gap I saw him and gave myself some space between him and me. As I rode next to him he suddendly started sprinting towards me shouting "****you man!" I put foot and luckily managed to speed away. He didn't look like he intended to just shake my hand had he caught me.

• 2 months later...

Does anybody know anything about a bike-jacking behind Smuts' Farm this morning?

We rode with Cycle lab this morning. We were quite a big group. 4 of us were alone in front on a downhill jeep track section when we rode past 5 or 6 guys crouching behind the bush. We stopped about 30meters after them and shouted back to the rest of the group to warn them. The hijackers obviously realized we were in quite a group and ran away. At least 1 panga. It was behind the shooting range. What a shame if these guys hijacked someone later after we notified the police...

Does anybody know anything about a bike-jacking behind Smuts' Farm this morning?

Yip, there was a Hi-Jacking in the main road past the cement factory. Must have happened after the cyclelab group went past (Please next time phone the Police!!!!). The Ninja's took 2 brand new 29er Elsworth's and my wife's Airborne Lancaster (She now don't have a bike for the Sani2C!!)

We rode with Cycle lab this morning. We were quite a big group. 4 of us were alone in front on a downhill jeep track section when we rode past 5 or 6 guys crouching behind the bush. We stopped about 30meters after them and shouted back to the rest of the group to warn them. The hijackers obviously realized we were in quite a group and ran away. At least 1 panga. It was behind the shooting range. What a shame if these guys hijacked someone later after we notified the police...

My wife and her 2 training partners were jacked by these 5 hiding in the bushes (See my reply above), Please next time phone the Police

Edited by mtbbiker

Yip, there was a Hi-Jacking in the main road past the cement factory. Must have happened after the cyclelab group went past (Please next time phone the Police!!!!). The Ninja's took 2 brand new 29er Elsworth's and my wife's Airborne Lancaster (She now don't have a bike for the Sani2C!!)

Damn! I hope no one got hurt. Help the victims get counselling. It does a world of good.

My wife and her 2 training partners were jacked by these 5 hiding in the bushes (See my reply above), Please next time phone the Police

Dude, we DID phone the police. That is what I meant with my last sentence.

Sorry for your loss. Everybody o.k though?

Edited by b-unit

we did notify the police, but the dumb asses did not know where Irene was. I did however alert eblockwatch and they sent out an sms to all their subscribers warning them that we saw these guys on that road

Thanks everybody OK, yhea what can I say about the COPS :-(. This really f%$^ up our plans for SANI2C