Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

Can't access the Facebook link. Hope Nicholas is ok.

Was it at the slightly secluded section as you turn off Nellmapius road on to Rynneveld avenue? Also ride this area almost every day...

Edited by Craig Slow

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't give more details. He managed to kick the guy and get away when the guy drew a knife. 5 guys. He rode past 2 and sped up was then grabbed.

But seemed like he knew something was up. One needs to trust you gut in these situations and turn around and GTFO!

Path leading from old Delmas to garsfontein rd. I am new to mountain biking and the area but have been around this path often in the past couple of months - then pow get attacked on thursday morning by two guys. I was able to defend myself and my bike but it took some doing. Just a word of warning

Path leading from old Delmas to garsfontein rd. I am new to mountain biking and the area but have been around this path often in the past couple of months - then pow get attacked on thursday morning by two guys. I was able to defend myself and my bike but it took some doing. Just a word of warning

Thanks for the heads up, have ridden here before in a group but wouldn't again.

Glad you are OK!

Seems the buggers are at it again..........it's @&$)(; that we have to plan our rides around crime.

• 4 weeks later...

This applies for people who cycle in the Moot.

I cycle through from, Rietfontein, Queenswood, Hatfield, Brooklyn up to Groenkloof (Klapperkop) and come back through Brooklyn, Hatfield, Queenswood, Waverly and Rietfontein.

And I haven't had any issues yet, neither have I seen or heard of any recently.

I have lately started going up the hill that goes to Crawford High and then go past Kruin Park, seems safe.

• 1 month later...

Me and 3 of my mates took a ride on our mtb to Harties yesterday morning, on our way back we took the N4 and was attacked by a guy who ran from the middleman of the highway, shooting 2 shots in the tar next to us and demanded our phones.We gave him 2 phones and he shot 1 more time next to us and ran over the highway.We saw that there were more of them on the other side , but luckily they couldn't get over the highway.Rather don't do that route.

Me and 3 of my mates took a ride on our mtb to Harties yesterday morning, on our way back we took the N4 and was attacked by a guy who ran from the middleman of the highway, shooting 2 shots in the tar next to us and demanded our phones.We gave him 2 phones and he shot 1 more time next to us and ran over the highway.We saw that there were more of them on the other side , but luckily they couldn't get over the highway.Rather don't do that route.

Thanks for.warning......glad you okes are safe.....scary that side of town.

Hi Guys,

4 Guys almost mugged me in Achillies street [Olympus AH, PTA] at 17:15. I came riding up the road and the 4 guys spread out blocking the road as they approached me. I though something was off so I made a U turn, just as I turned to see they came sprinting toward me. Just managed to get away.

Here is map link:

http://i.imgur.com/OMwDtwc.jpg?1

Keep safe boys and girls

• 4 weeks later...

I heard that a cyclist was hit and killed this morning in Hans Strydom (Solomon Mahlungu)by a vehicle overtaking inside the yellow line.

Does anyone have more information?

Hi man, which N4 was it?

Am not on FB . A friends son sent me a photo yesterday morning of the accident scene . Have been in distress since . Would like to know more what happened and about Shaun.

Thanks