Pretoria danger areas

Evan Andreou

A friend cycled past after it happened and he said that a guy in a bakkie passed a taxi on the yellow lane and then lost control and hit the cyclist and the bakkie rolled.. That's what he heard at the scene.. It's terrible and so unnesesary, a stupid twit that was too impatient and believes rules don't apply to him.. Now a family and friends are in mourning due to someone that could just wait their turn, it's typical!! (That's what I have heard, not first hand knowledge)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard a report of an attempted bike jacking on Klapperkop on Sunday morning. Guys and girls, take care please.

FOOOOOO k. I do klapperkop almost every morning when I cycle at 6:15 ish to 6:30 ish. There are so many walkers, joggers and cyclist on klapperkop it would be a shame to see someone injured or the plase becoming deserted.

On last Friday a car pulled up next to me on Botha laan going north. Eventually I tried listening to him as I was going +- 40km/h. Guess what he asked me... Where is Pretoria :huh:

Heard a report of an attempted bike jacking on Klapperkop on Sunday morning. Guys and girls, take care please.

We were there on Sunday around 11am. Two "I don't know what to call them" were hiding/ambushing in the grass next to the tar road. (About at the first parking area when you come up from the cattle grid). They ran into the veld up to the fort side when we confronted them. Later they escaped accross the road down to fountains side. Think they had stolen good in the plastic bags they carried.

Thanks for the info Boesman. I was not sure about the time. Thought it was early morning. Even more of an issue when it was at 11:00 when there are quite a lot of people actually cycling there.

Did you guys report to the police? If not I would like to notify them as they were patrolling around there not too long ago

Question ... are you Jason or were you cycling with Jason?

FOOOOOO k. I do klapperkop almost every morning when I cycle at 6:15 ish to 6:30 ish. There are so many walkers, joggers and cyclist on klapperkop it would be a shame to see someone injured or the plase becoming deserted.

On last Friday a car pulled up next to me on Botha laan going north. Eventually I tried listening to him as I was going +- 40km/h. Guess what he asked me... Where is Pretoria :huh:

I cycle Klapperkop about 2 - 3 times a week as well. So not very happy about it especially as I normally cycle with my sister and I am more concerned about her safety.

SHOH... I cycle this route on my own, maybe I won't.

My horse is also stabled at the fort and I go riding in the reserve, but don't think they'll jack my horse...he he he :ph34r:

on a more serious note I will then not be doing this girl-alone anymore, these bastardos interfere with my life. oi... :thumbdown:

Edited by Penansie

Question ... are you Jason or were you cycling with Jason?

No I am too small to be Jason ;-). We were riding on our own.

We tried to get a patrol car - "but no this is not our area, try Brooklyn ehh no maybe Sunnyside"

I wouldn't let my girls ride there alone.

Yip, I was there too, after they ran off I did another lap and was hoping to catch them down at the fence close to the circle, I waited a while but saw nothing.... I actually think they were smash/grab trash from fountains and were counting their look in the KK bushes..... Its a real pity they took the guards away at the two entrances. Maybe we could suggest a guard patrol to the new stables that are operating in the area

Yip, I was there too, after they ran off I did another lap and was hoping to catch them down at the fence close to the circle, I waited a while but saw nothing.... I actually think they were smash/grab trash from fountains and were counting their look in the KK bushes..... Its a real pity they took the guards away at the two entrances. Maybe we could suggest a guard patrol to the new stables that are operating in the area

We have guards at the entrance to the fort. But I will ask about patrolling.

• 2 weeks later...

I was almost bike jacked saterday morning around 9 at klapperkop.

It was on the gravel road next to George Storrar. I was on my own busy decending and two guys jumped out in front of me. One had a knife and a rock. The other two rocks. I immediately stoped and started screaming for help. I also pulled out my pepper spray which made them hesitate.

The one with the knife then advanced again. Luckily another rider came down and they retreated. You would think they would run away but they walked to the tree and sat down again. They then signalled us to go away!

The other rider then phoned his wife who phoned the police. They were not very helpful. They then phoned a friend involved with security in that area who said they will patrol.

I dont know if anything came of it.

Please be careful!

There was in fact a bike-jacking in Centurion yesterday at 10:00. Just off Nelmapius Avenue opposite Cornwall Hill. The attackers threatened to kill him. They kept bashing him with rocks and a bottle. He spent some time in hospital but is home now. Broken wrist, stitches on head and in his ear and a badly bruised face

There was in fact a bike-jacking in Centurion yesterday at 10:00. Just off Nelmapius Avenue opposite Cornwall Hill. The attackers threatened to kill him. They kept bashing him with rocks and a bottle. He spent some time in hospital but is home now. Broken wrist, stitches on head and in his ear and a badly bruised face

Too many informal settlements in open areas near big shopping centres......real crime spike in Pta last few months. Area next to Castle Walk shopping centre becoming real problem.........near Wolwespruit Bike Park.

Too many informal settlements in open areas near big shopping centres......real crime spike in Pta last few months. Area next to Castle Walk shopping centre becoming real problem.........near Wolwespruit Bike Park.

The area enclosed by Rigel, Hans Strijdom and Nossob Str?

Was bike jacked there 4 years back. Actually warned some people at about 11am yesterday to not ride in that area. Got ignored....