Spruit

svm3000

Out riding on the spruit this morning , comming up  near the end of the ride , and we rode past a Lady's body , she had been murdered , so please be carefull on the spruit and always walk/ride/run in a group,

My Heart goes out to her family

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we ride from emmerentia side to the end , I would say about 5km from the end , it was not nice they covered her body with some branches , SICK  now I know why i carry my .40 GLOCK with me

shall we assume that the authorities had been notified and everyone wasn't just riding past the body?  By the end, we should also assume out Paulshof side?

who is 'they' who covered the body?

were there police on the scene? did you speak to anyone?

eish, this is horrible - someone at home was waiting for her and she just never arrived :(

cat-i2009-05-24 07:54:06

we ride from emmerentia side to the end ' date=' I would say about 5km from the end , it was not nice they covered her body with some branches , SICK  now I know why i carry my .40 GLOCK with me [/quote']

You didn't have a reason before - ward off angry squirrels perhaps?

How did you work out she'd been murdered?

V disturbin to see a dead bod on your ride, happens on the road with pedestrians knocked down on our route occasionally.

svm its important that you give proper details, after all it helps other hubbers, so:

exactly where was the lady?

did she look like a cyclist/hiker? or just one of the many who hang around around the spruit?

was the police there or not, if not did you report it?

Also last sunday morning I saw two police vehicles at the bridge at william nicol (where the spruit goes underneath william nicol) on the side going to bryanston, anybody knows what that was about?

does the police not patrol the spruit anymore?

Hmmmm, I saw some ADT guys and some MTB'er I was over-taking remarked that there had been quite a presence at the same spot earlier, but they didn't know what happened.

If this was the incident then it was just before the last wooden bridge near Paulhof end of the Spruit, where the tar road runs parallel to the path. I must have ridden past at around 10.30 - 11am and only saw the ADT guys.

On my way back at around 1pm there was nobody there.

The same MTB'ers mentioned earlier said a friend of theirs had had their bike and shoes stolen near the new section alongside the highway.