Roadies:Stop moaning and start behaving!

AiKona

>bunch of inconsiderate roadies

What he said.

Although, to be fair, they're swamped by inconsiderate car, taxi, bus, and truck drivers.

>OWNERS OF THE ROAD : Cars and trucks... You are squatters on the road, not the owners, as a cyclist you pay no tax to have it maintained.......

Er... WRONG.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is so sad to read how all cyclists 'stand' together. What I see in the photo makes me cringe, but what makes me sad, is the fact that people are attacking people for showing what self-centered cyclists are not doing right and clearly breaking the law. Instead of shooting down the messenger, why not go to the intersection where this photo was taken and confront these law breakers in a civil manner. I am prepared to do so, anybody else?

I would GLADLY assist shaunh, but what will the end result be?  Being sworn at, or guys trying to beat the living crap out of you.  And tomorrow, they'll just do it again!!!!

But at least we have tried. They will probably abuse us (both verbally & physically) but once they have carried on with their ride, a few amongst them might say "I am not riding with this bunch again as what they are doing is wrong and is being noticed".

Is it just me or have you considered that the picture is taken in isolation, you cant see up or down the road they are going through (i.e. there was probably no cars there) and if they are going through a red light - which I'm sure everyone here has done at some time or another - the guy on the right is actually not holding up any traffic???

you cant take some arb photo and lay claim to them riding like hooligans

I was also forced by the guy ( red arrow) to wait  a few meters at 20 km/h since he was riding in the middle of the right-hand lane.

WOW! You actually had to wait a few meters!

You should have taken him out! And posted the pics of the leftovers!

Some of you guys are missing the point. It DOES give a bad image. The rules are not there to be obeyed when its quite or when it suits us, they are there for a reason.

Guest Big H

If they had number plates on the "size of garage doors" as somebody sarcasticaly suggested after my suggestion of identification..... we would have been able to identify them. Untill then "name them and shame them" will just be a myth!!!!!!!

hey i know that guy with the red arrow he is a MTB er and when he gets upset with his GF he goes out on his Road bike. His name is Koosie and he often rides like that . Normally has a few beers before he hits the road so thus the shakes.ConfusedConfused Just smile and wave Wink

Is it just me or have you considered that the picture is taken in isolation' date=' you cant see up or down the road they are going through (i.e. there was probably no cars there) and if they are going through a red light - which I'm sure everyone here has done at some time or another - the guy on the right is actually not holding up any traffic???

you cant take some arb photo and lay claim to them riding like hooligans
[/quote']

Each one of those cyclists who rode through the red light should have been stopped and fined on the spot.End of story

Stop justifying it.Maybe you were one of the bunch?

Roadies should become more agressive!

Get into the faces of the drivers. Be the trafic!

Arm yourself if you have to, shoot the buggers if they don't give way!

Give not an inch of the roads THAT WE OWN through our blood that's spilled on it.

Take them on, take them out!

Make them scared of all cyclists!

Let them avoid roads frequented by cyclists................

HAHA

Like you stop deadstill and perform the K53 method while cycling through every robot and stop street - common, be realistic

and no I was not one of them

Roadies should become more agressive!

Get into the faces of the drivers. Be the trafic!

Arm yourself if you have to' date=' shoot the buggers if they don't give way!

Give not an inch of the roads THAT WE OWN through our blood that's spilled on it.

Take them on, take them out!

Make them scared of all cyclists!

Let them avoid roads frequented by cyclists................

[/quote']

ClapClapClap yea yea yea VIVA VIVA AMANDLA VIVA VIVA ClapClapClap now that's fighting talk

Guest Big H

Thye are in cars (mostly BMW's weighing 3 tons and protected by anto crumple zone and airbags) and we with our puny maergat beentjies sit unprotected on carbon fibre bikes weighing 0,0068 tons.