Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

Steel remains always real!

I'm afraid. Afraid that I'll be ripped from the nirvana that is MTB. The ability to do long peninsula rides is tempting and unavailable on Penny, lest she lose her precious lugs from which grip is produced

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys - went off to our local Pawnshop yesterday in Krugersdorp to look for some tools and spotted a Daccordi standing outside - Campag square profile rims, Shimano Biopace 8-spd, pretty standard 80/90's spec. It also still had a Winningtime Chip attached which I thought a bit odd. Not in great condition, but definitely able to be saved.

Anyway, if anyone is interested it's at a place called Cash Fellas. Think the price was R1500....

post-15215-0-77252600-1486103575_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone able to shed some light as to the origin and background to this panto triple t stem found on an old steed?

Mauro Galloni must have been someone to have had the panto done.

Google was not my friend this time.

Other parts found were from late 70's maybe early 80's.

post-44986-0-19110500-1487310956_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-29653100-1487311682_thumb.jpeg

post-44986-0-27429900-1487311699_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Loose cog

So, I believe the Eroica ride is on the weekend of the 18th March.

I have a few bits I can't use and offer them for sale. Please PM me an offer for any of the items:

1. Cannondale Team Issue leather lace-up shoes with Look cleats. Nylon mesh sides. Size UK8 (42). 

2. A small, unused strip helmet. Its a small, 54-55cm I would think.

3. I have another pair of older Cannondale leather lace-ups. Size estimated at UK8 to 8.5. The leather is supple and they include clip-in cleats.

The original owner appeared to have used inner sole inserts and hence the inner soles are in prefect condition. 

post-44986-0-41949700-1487338541_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-03585200-1487338769_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-96798800-1487338790_thumb.jpg

post-44986-0-25988900-1487339245_thumb.jpg

And here she is. Needs a wheel rebuild, but apart from that in really good Nick.

Looking g forward to getting her on the road.

attachicon.gifIMG_0911.JPG

Congrats! That reminds me of my old Alpina, man I wish I hadn't sold it. Would have made a beaut of a singlespeed.

Anton finished my 1982 Colnago Export .

Wheels have been build , Campag Record hubs on new/old red Ambrosio rims .

Groupset is Gippieme .

Waiting for some e bay purchases to arrive .

Really keen to see the rest of it, run Postman Pat, run! :)

Really keen to see the rest of it, run Postman Pat, run! :)

A long, long time ago, when the world's population was around 3 billion (less than half what it is today); when phones stood on side tables and phone numbers had 5 digits; when TV was something they had north of the border, or overseas; when passenger aircraft had to stop over to reach us; when my bike was a fixed gear Phillips and when we relied on the post and Telegrams.

Anyway, to cut a long, several decades, story, short,  when writing a letter to someone special, usually a female I wanted to get closer to, we would write on the envelope:

POSTMAN, POSTMAN DON'T BE SLOW,

GO LIKE ELVIS,

GO MAN, GO!

Edited by HeyYou

Completed build...

Eddy Merckx Professional '86

Reynolds 531

Superleggeri...

I had the exact same frame, in Red.  With a Suntour Superb gruppro. The wheels were Mavic GP4 with Record hubs - sold the wheelset to Loose Cog some time ago.