• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for some help...

This is my pet project, the fork will be chromed and have some Velocity Deep V wheels that'll go with it.

The shifters have seen some life - mechanically still in very good condition.  However, the caps require some repainting and from what I can tell, the clear coat on the levers are coming off. I'm going to lightly sand the dust caps and respray.  Do I then just sand and polish the levers?

Anyone know where I can get 5500 hoodies?

post-36507-0-25756100-1570471953_thumb.jpeg

post-36507-0-36914000-1570471969_thumb.jpeg

I have purchased an oldish frame for a cool "Look" project.  As usual I have jumped the gun and bought stuff without consulting google or le Hub.

Now I need help and google is arguing with what I want done

To get the bike looking the way I wanted I tracked down and bought some Rolf Vector comp wheels - apparently it's not as easy as replacing the freehub and my knowledge is super limited.

According to my searches, sell the wheels and buy some Campys.  Please don't suggest this, these wheels have to stay even if its a rebuild.  

What I want is someone to tell me what to do please

3 pics

what I bought

what I want

the troublesome wheels

post-81229-0-98000400-1570710866_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-83150300-1570711132_thumb.jpg

post-81229-0-77204300-1570711401_thumb.jpg

DJR, Mrs Slowbee has her raleigh up for sale with a set of those rolf vector comps on and I can confirm they are amazing wheels!

Hi Wayne

About those Rolfs - they are bloody nice wheels.

About the frame - I think you already know that you are going to talk to Bogus or the Carbon Bike Repair people about an amazing paint job. The Piet Mondrian paintings inspired the Look colour schemes. So Google and come up with something amazing. His paintings almost exclusively used just the primary colours, black and white. They are always geometrical, straight lines.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piet_Mondrian

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBH_enZA729ZA729&biw=1517&bih=730&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=JIifXfCWK5eU1fAPyeu66AY&q=most+iconic+piet+mondrian+paintings&oq=most+iconic+piet+mondrian+paintings&gs_l=img.12...13874.19956..22160...0.0..0.413.3069.2-10j1j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.cKi-HfnGaP4&ved=0ahUKEwjwuIiZuJLlAhUXShUIHcm1Dm0Q4dUDCAc

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBH_enZA729ZA729&biw=1517&bih=730&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=aIifXevHJbif1fAPi6e90A4&q=mondrian+inspired+Look+bicycles&oq=mondrian+inspired+Look+bicycles&gs_l=img.12...21693.22768..25455...0.0..0.403.1345.2-4j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz-img.F7ccj5KDdaQ&ved=0ahUKEwjrm7m5uJLlAhW4TxUIHYtTD-oQ4dUDCAc

thanks DJR - my bike is already with CBR and I have the paint job sorted - it's going to take a while I was told.  That's ok

The only reason I bough the Look was because of the Mondrian art options

My problem is that those Rolf Vectors apparently cannot be converted to Campy - not what I want to hear but google has some confusing options on how to convert so I'm just going to pass my problem onto someone who knows wheels.  I am adamant these are the wheels for the build but not with Shimano

thanks DJR - my bike is already with CBR and I have the paint job sorted - it's going to take a while I was told.  That's ok

The only reason I bough the Look was because of the Mondrian art options

My problem is that those Rolf Vectors apparently cannot be converted to Campy - not what I want to hear but google has some confusing options on how to convert so I'm just going to pass my problem onto someone who knows wheels.  I am adamant these are the wheels for the build but not with Shimano

I knew  you would be on the right track! :thumbup: 

Don't tell anyone I said this, but a high end Shimano build will be very appropriate on the Look.

Dumb question: Is it possible to Macguiver a Shimano cassette to have Campy spacing? By taking it apart and fitting different spacers?

I knew you would be on the right track! :thumbup:

Don't tell anyone I said this, but a high end Shimano build will be very appropriate on the Look.

Dumb question: Is it possible to Macguiver a Shimano cassette to have Campy spacing? By taking it apart and fitting different spacers?

A question for someone smarter - I have passed the buck - I have a modern campy groupset so it has to work