Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

there is a well-priced Motobeccane (spelling?) French bike for sale on Gumtree AND the Hub, IIRC;

it has straight bars fitted, but comes with drop bars, the price of the bike is very good, the only real drawback i could see is that a replacement French BB is hard to come by, if indeed it needed one, but I know very little about French BB's, just what I was told!

there is a well-priced Motobeccane (spelling?) French bike for sale on Gumtree AND the Hub, IIRC;

it has straight bars fitted, but comes with drop bars, the price of the bike is very good, the only real drawback i could see is that a replacement French BB is hard to come by, if indeed it needed one, but I know very little about French BB's, just what I was told!

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/852491588868779/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ab6fed758-10df-4a66-a887-336568981ab0

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And now for some oldies ...... mid 1960s Cinelli Super Corsa

They are all special Vic but this one is definitely my favourite.

• 1 month later...

I've been meaning to post this for a while now. 

I started with a previously resprayed Moser pista (circa. 1983), which at one point had been sold by Hunter cycles in Braamfontein. The frame had started as a baby blue, but now with a dark blue coat.

post-5932-0-68674500-1620113042_thumb.jpg

Edited by 100Tours

respray, chrome, decals and cellotape on the bars. Also found a set of matched rims (thanks Vastland) which were hand polished up to a shine. Pedals were spraypainted to silver.

post-5932-0-40058900-1620114065_thumb.jpg

post-5932-0-55685000-1620114094_thumb.jpg

Edited by 100Tours

If you remember why please let me know :D

It looks like the frame I owned a couple of years ago.