Retro Bicycle Thread

Delgado

this is an expander bolt for a 1 inch steerer - for various reasons including my own stupidity, this one is now to long

I need one at least 20mm shorter

Any bright ideas out there are welcome

Go to an engineering shop to get one made up for you. 

I initially thought you can mill off 10mm each side, but there is not enough meat to keep it together,

take this one as a sample, and provide the new dimensions.

Alternatively, ping loose cog, he has a tonne of knowledge, and may even have something laying around "off the shelf"

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1985 Peugeot once again ready to hit the road after hanging in storage for many years.

I started cycling in 1987 and my first bicycle was a used Peugeot Classique in black as above. The Classique was the top model and lower model I think was Mirage.

I started cycling in 1987 and my first bicycle was a used Peugeot Classique in black as above. The Classique was the top model and lower model I think was Mirage.

Mirage was second from the top, Le Mans, Rapport and Sting were under it. Galaxy above the Classique but that came later.

I raced a Classique for a few years as well early in the 90's, running Suntours 8 speed Accu-shift system.

Edited by BuffsVintageBikes

1985 Peugeot once again ready to hit the road after hanging in storage for many years.

looks in good condition, enjoy

Were there any Peugeot's made with "Prestige Tange"

Which other classic frames used Prestige Tange, if any?

I have both "Infinty Tange" and "Tange #2" frames ..... but can't recall ever seeing a "Prestige Tange" badge on any bike.

post-20017-0-80779100-1612345641_thumb.jpg

I have both "Infinty Tange" and "Tange #2" frames ..... but can't recall ever seeing a "Prestige Tange" badge on any bike.

I have a modern steel mtb in Tange prestige.  see attached for where it fits into the ranks

not the best pic, but all i have on here.

post-64325-0-80175900-1561704118_thumb.jpeg

post-64325-0-26299500-1612345890_thumb.jpg

Edited by morneS555

It's some time ago, so my memory is hazy, but I'm sure the Peugeot Classique I had in the early 80's was made from "Tange 1" tubing, and had Suntour Cyclone 7000 components. That was my first decent "non-supermarket" type bike!

It's some time ago, so my memory is hazy, but I'm sure the Peugeot Classique I had in the early 80's was made from "Tange 1" tubing, and had Suntour Cyclone 7000 components. That was my first decent "non-supermarket" type bike!

You are correct that the classique had tange 1 tubing and cyclone 7000 components. I have one with all the original components.

There were yes, but to be honest I'm not sure if those were made in SA or imported frames.

The older Classiques used Tange 2 tubing (80's) and the later Classiques (90's) used Tange 1. But nothing was cast in stone back then. If they ran out of a specific tubing and there was delays in imports then they would build with whatever tubing they had in stock.

great first post

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, so there is this bike at an "auction" place near my work, just wondering if it is really worth anything, needs quite a lot of work, but thought it may be a fun project, or is it not really worth it for a bike like this?

Sorry, the pictures aren't greatpost-140742-0-24462600-1613200014_thumb.jpgpost-140742-0-20046100-1613200031_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, so there is this bike at an "auction" place near my work, just wondering if it is really worth anything, needs quite a lot of work, but thought it may be a fun project, or is it not really worth it for a bike like this?

Sorry, the pictures aren't greatattachicon.gifScreenshot_20210213_090331.jpgattachicon.gifScreenshot_20210213_090354.jpg

Save it from becoming a commuter . Looks in a good condition for its age.

Save it from becoming a commuter . Looks in a good condition for its age.

They are asking R2k for it, do you think it is worth that?

Edited by Chadvdw67