Lance to do the Cape Epic

Joobs

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard he wants appearance money and 5 star hotels and chopper in to each stage.Might tax the resources of the Cape Epic organisers' date=' although the visibility and interest he will bring to the event might outweigh the expense.

[/quote']

Have you confirmed this??

No it is here say from an editor of a bicycle magazine.

Its cool to speculate, but still : "No it is here say from an editor of a bicycle magazine." I am not a fan and I am not not a fan, but I probably would have joined the ride in Scotland if I was there.

This is going to lure in a lot of spectators...expect a boerewors roll to go for R60 and a 500ml still water for R25!

Isn't that what things cost at the Epic anyway?

Do not know.....that is why I rather keep my distance!! LOL If he rides, I would not be surprised if they going to start asking an entrance fee dor spectators.Confused

I wonder if he is going to twitter BS about Burry when Burry beats him??

Burry is a awesome and very talented rider, but to compare him to Lance.. smiley36.gif Lance will destroy burry without breaking a sweat.

Burry is a awesome and very talented rider' date=' but to compare him to Lance.. smiley36.gif Lance will destroy burry without breaking a sweat.[/quote']

Hmmm.... on a not so technical course maybe. Dont underestimate Burry or any of the top mtbkers capabilities.

Originally posted by splat

Originally posted by AuctionLamb

This is going to lure in a lot of spectators...expect a boerewors roll to go for R60 and a 500ml still water for R25!

Isn't that what things cost at the Epic anyway?

Do not know.....that is why I rather keep my distance!! LOL If he rides, I would not be surprised if they going to start asking an entrance fee dor spectators.Confused  They Wil have to fence off the whole table mountain!LOLLOL

Burry is a awesome and very talented rider' date=' but to compare him to Lance.. smiley36.gif Lance will destroy burry without breaking a sweat.[/quote']

On a race like Leadville mabe, But something a bit more technical, I would love to see burry take him..at a worldcup XC.. I also vote Burry.

But the cool thing is we canjust wait and see.. Its going to be a very unproductive week for sure.

Guest colonel

On a World Championship course I would pretty much bet all my money he will not stick with Burry. Sorry Burry is pure class and very very technical

?

Hmmm.... on a not so technical course maybe. Dont underestimate Burry or any of the top mtbkers capabilities.

?

?

?

Will be quite interesting to watch for sure. But then remember it's not like Lance don't have technical skills, Leadville have a one or two relatively technical downhills from what I have read, and he also did won other mtb races before Leadville, and it's not like the Epic is really that technical. I would say other mtbers like Burry stands a MUCH better chance on a XC world cup course, than something like the Epic.

I think Burry would love to go Up against Lance, He Is young and full of ambition. I just hope Burry gets a stronger partner for next year, Or Sushi gets through his bad patch..

AND JUST THING HOW AWSUM IT WILL BE WHEN BURRY AND HIS TEAM BEATS LANCE AND HIS TEAM!

I would expect nothing less, in fact if the top 3 spots on GC are not filled by MTB'ers i think they should hang their heads in shame at been beaten by a 38 turning 39 has been roadie.
scotty2009-08-19 04:57:07

would be fantastic to have Lance in SA riding an SA event.

If they struggle to find a rider of quality I'd be willing to offer my considerable talent as his team mate.  :)

BTW, Lance hasraced many NORBA MTB events and has raced against like Geoff Kabush, Tinker Juarez, Johnny T and many others in the past. You don't lose those sortof skills just because you decide to base your career around a touring event in france.

If they struggle to find a rider of quality I'd be willing to offer my considerable talent as his team mate.? :)

?

BTW' date=' Lance hasraced many NORBA MTB events and has raced against like Geoff Kabush, Tinker Juarez, Johnny T and many others in the past. You don't lose those sortof skills just because you decide to base your career around a touring event in france.
[/quote']

GL, I've seen pics of you in the Epic...

If they struggle to find a rider of quality I'd be willing to offer my considerable talent as his team mate.  :)

BTW' date=' Lance hasraced many NORBA MTB events and has raced against like Geoff Kabush, Tinker Juarez, Johnny T and many others in the past. You don't lose those sortof skills just because you decide to base your career around a touring event in france.
[/quote']

Even Kevin Evans (basically grew Up on the red route) admitted to how good Burry was on tecnical stuff and that he battled to hang on to him, I dont think Lance has no tech skills, I just dont think theres any way he can match top guys or Burry. But then again, We will have to hope they continue making the epic more technical.

Guest colonel

Ive seen Burry ride technical sections some riders battled to walk.