FPC NISSAN 6 hr race

Pinkelfart

I have noticed that the FPC Nissan 6 hr race on the 24th October is only scheduled to start at 9am, which means we will all be cycling in the hottest part of the day 9 - 3pm.  It makes sense to start a race like this at 7am and at least escape some of the worst heat of the day.  What about it Fritz?  How about starting earlier?  Can someone please bring this to his attention.Exclamation

They did a pretty good job of the Blockhouse race IMHO ......

Got to agree the Blockhouse was well organised.

Yup, also think the blockhouse was well organised, they did however also start very late. scotty2009-10-01 22:41:24

Have to agree. 9am is really the pits. Personally I would prefer a 6am start but anything earlier will do. Early morning with the sun just up is the best part of the day.

Well, the Delta Dash the weekend after the FPC one starts at 11am and runs untill 5pm. I guess it is to give people time to setup service stations. The 24hr starts at 12pm.

Cullinan was a great race, one snag in the bottleneck at the river, but the rest was exciting, tough and well organized.

Hopefully Fritz can organize the rain to stay away tomorrow at Clarens.

To date' date=' I have not heard one positive peice of comment about any Fritz race this year[/quote']

Thats a bit unfair - Tygervalley was good, Cullinan was AWESOME, Southdowns was a bit of a mess.. Were you actually at any of the races or just spreading heresay?

I have noticed that the FPC Nissan 6 hr race on the 24th October is only scheduled to start at 9am' date=' which means we will all be cycling in the hottest part of the day 9 - 3pm.  It makes sense to start a race like this at 7am and at least escape some of the worst heat of the day.  What about it Fritz?  How about starting earlier?  Can someone please bring this to his attention.Exclamation[/quote']

It's 6 hour racing. No poofters Tongue

If start times and daily temps are really such an issue then maybe we race indoors in climate controlled arenas or move around the world in search of near perfect conditions, thus making it too expensive to ride anyway........Cry

What a bunch of bloody whoozies !!! Must be a lot of roadies that wanna be MTB'ers ! If you don't like the people , time, price of entry , food , beers , whatever then don't do it ! Anyway last year the FPC 6 hour was a very wet and muddy affair so early or late start nobody knows the weather . smiley6.gif