Who wants to ride with me and new bike?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I'm in!!!! Woooohoooooo can't wait.

Can anyone give me some directions to Fratelli's on Conrad drive from Alberton? Or at least the nearest crossing so that I can find it with my GPS?

Thanks!

Fratelli's - S26 06.857 E28 01.114

Cnr Conrad and Hillcrest, Craighall Park
Frosty2007-05-11 01:44:52

Off the top of my head........

R59 onto Heidelberg Road

Heidelberg Road onto M2 (towards Bloem)

M2 onto M1 (towards Sandton)

Now comes the tricky part.........

Take the Empire road turnoff & turn left at robots towards Emmarentia

Take the Emmarentia slip road (indicated as such)

You are now in Barry Hertzog

Continue all the way down Barry Hertzog

Barry Hertzog eventually becomes 1st avenue in Linden

Go all the way up the hill.

At the top of the hill there is a BP garage on your RHS. Turn right here.

You are now in Hendrik Verwoed

Conrad Drive is on your RHS approx 3 robots down.

Hope that helps.

Hey Thug,

Sure does, remember the piece up to Emmerentia well from my Ironman days paddling with Dabulamanzi!

Will still follow the GPS from there just in case.

Cheers!

Big Ben, if you are fimiliar with Jan Smuts and Hyde Park. If you go down the hill from Hyde Park along Jan Smuts driving in the direction of Randburg. At the bottom of the hill you will find a split in the road. You take the left hand road. (Conrad Drive). Within a few meters you will cross over a bridge. (If you look to your left when crossing the bridge you will see a paved parking area. That is where you are going). After the bridge the first road to the left is Hillcrest. Turn left into Hillcrest and left again into the parking lot that is in front of Fratellis and Manhattan Grill. There is a car guard. Make a BIG fuss over MichH's bike otherwise...

Thanks guys, saves me trying to work out directions! BigBen can't wait to show off my new bike! I'll bring the crowbar and threaten anyone who has anything nasty to say about her! (giggle!)

Thanks all! Will find it no problem now!

New bike = +15% performance at least so it could get ugly out there!

Thanks guys' date=' saves me trying to work out directions! BigBen can't wait to show off my new bike! I'll bring the crowbar and threaten anyone who has anything nasty to say about her! (giggle!)[/quote']

If riding an Italian bike makes you an arrogant snob (according to Big H), doesn't riding a French bike make you rude and obnoxious. Wink

Thanks guys' date=' saves me trying to work out directions! BigBen can't wait to show off my new bike! I'll bring the crowbar and threaten anyone who has anything nasty to say about her! (giggle!)[/quote']

If riding an Italian bike makes you an arrogant snob (according to Big H), doesn't riding a French bike make you rude and obnoxious. Wink

And smell of garlic?

Have a good ride MichH.

My new boy will be getting acquainted with Wildog_a's two cutey carbons while I am away this weekend. Maybe a few new SL carbons in the family by yearend.

velo, you've never seen French women?! I can only improve in the looks and flirting departments, hahahaha!

I FLY, WHY are you going away?! You're supposed to come ride with me Big%20smile

Are you going to Mike's Bikes this afternoon? You'll see my baby there...

Oh yes, Commencal has a downhill reputation... watch out guys, here I come!!

Hi Mich, thanks for the ride on Saturday. Loved your bike. 

I should have gone with you Northern Farm. After working this morning I thought I would give myself a treat and go for a short ride. Had an accident and have shattered my hand so badly that they are going to have to put a plate in to hold the bits together. Mommy is not impressed for messing up her mothers day. Wants to break my other hand. It would be my right hand of course. I'm using my left hand on the mouse and typing with one finger again. Thank goodness for helmets. It literaly saved my life today.

Oh Mamba sorry to hear that Unhappy When will you be up and cycling again?

Mich, when can i see your bike? Mintek wednesday night, or D&D thursday?