Why you are not welcome in the cradle

Cradleresident

Well done you Roadies in the pictures!!! Angry Spoil the cradle for the rest of us!!!Angry

Cycle Lab + Club 100 should take responsibility with there members, you can clearly see what clubs don't follow the laws of the road...Bad taste!

Santa C2009-11-07 03:49:43

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi from a the Cape Town cycle guys

Just remember that not all your guys on bikes  ride like this.A few years ago 2 of my best friens was riding on the yellow line and both of them was kill by trucks.Was that a cycle race or just a bunch of cyclest take a drive.

Not good to your guys.

Yes?!! Club 100??!!! smiley7.gif All cyclists are responsible for safety, their own and that of others!!

I don't use this road but do think this is really selfish behavior by the cyclists. Come on guys, have a heart!!

and this is exactly why I ride alone lately.

Sorry for these arseholes, will aim at them next time I pass one!

Shame, I feel sad for you Garth...

But what I'm going to do is send you a bike(free of charge) so that you can also join them, as I can see how sad you are without a bike.

Please forward me your address and I'll get it out to you in the week.

Happy cycling.Thumbs%20Up

20091107_034446_10.JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that dotted yellow line the cycling lane?

I want to be honest here for a second, and I'm sure I'll get flamed for it, but if I had to deal with sh!t like this in my neighbourhood every weekend, I would want to buy a cattle-prod as well. Roadies are always crying about having rights on the road and all that, but at the end of the day you need to earn respect. From these pictures these guys are comparable to the average taxi.

I hate to say it, but if there was a petition going around to ban cycling on the Cradle route, I would sign it.

Hog_2009-11-07 03:58:43

I cycle this route often on my own, it looks like they have race on every week-end with all the club rides going through this stretch. Trust me after the 94.7 the amount of cyclist in this area drops by 90%.

I must say Cradleresident, I really dislike your attitude in most of your posts, but this does make a very good point... I have seen many groups of cyclists in cape town cycling like this and, surprisingly, it's generally the slowest groups that ride in the middle of the road on the slowest uphills having a nice chat... I also swear and rant at them (from my bicycle as I pass them generally) so I think most ppl, including cyclists, understand your frustration.

Unfortunately it's still no excuse for knocking ppl over (like the monkey in the BMW from the other day), but those pics do look really really painful...

In one of our funrides last week a car hooted at a bunch of us - coz some guys seemed to think we should make sure we fill every possible inch of the lane as we bought the road when we paid the race entry - and some chop next to me starts swearing and pulling signs at the driver so I asked him why he couldn't just move left a little and let the car pass, just doesn't make sense to me.

You need to stop generalizing (we're not all bad, just spending money on a bicycle doesn't automatically make you an idiot - wouldn't be surprised if you have one sitting in your garage for yourself or kids?!) and rather be proactive about it (and this does not mean holding neighbourhood tea parties with friends and politicians to 'discuss your concerns'!). Speak to the clubs in the area - a simple phone call should suffice -, ask the traffic cops to send a bike through the area a few times in peak hours (weekend mornings I'd think), I am sure you have ADT or some neighbourhood watch, ask them to patrol as well and try to (politely) change the cyclists mentalities and you might be able to co-exist with them.