Which MTB saddle?

Velouria

I need a new saddle, having knackered mine on Sunday morning. I had

been meaning to get a new one for a while, but this has forced my hand.

Suggestions? Since I like the longer enduro MTB rides - I want

something that is comfortable and durable (and that Spiderman saddle

just doesn't meet those requirements). I am sure the EPIC riders can point me in the right direction.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone seems to swear by F'zik Arione for mtb's. Wouldn't mind one as well, just don't have the money for one now smileys/smiley5.gif

Well, I just bought a new saddle a week before this Mtb'ing event and was very surprized my a$$ did not hurt after the 5hours I spend on it Sunday. It's a saddle from www.serfas.com. I bought if from Mark Repair workshop in Bellville for R287.00 It's light weight at just under 200grams.

Well.

As everyone knows, I got on Crux's MTB the Friday before the Epic and did 45hours of riding for a week long.  Not ONCE did I have a sore butt and not onve did I have a problem with numbness, saddlesores etc.

Tha saddle?

Fizik Coby.

Hope this helps as I have no other reference.....smileys/smiley9.gif

Have a look at the Specialized range of saddles.Comfort and durability are the keywords here.All for 500 bucks.

In fact Specialized accessories are generally top notch( does not mean I rant about the bikes)smileys/smiley4.gif

Will go with Dick on the saddle....... jeez that don't sound right smileys/smiley36.gif smileys/smiley36.gif.... the Gobi works for me

I have the Fizik Nisene, not sure where it slots into the Fizik table, but i've been riding on it for 3 weeks now and no complaints.

I have the Fizik Nisene' date=' not sure where it slots into the Fizik table, but i've been riding on it for 3 weeks now and no complaints.[/quote']

Also been using one after the Scott saddle disaster....got it slightly used from Rock, no complaints after a month of use...except my model sqeaks a bit...helps warn people coming from the other side on a single track!

Personally for Mountain Biking i find the SDG Bel Air the most comfortable saddle ive ever sat on. With Ti rails and Kevlar Side panels its very tough and not too heavy either.

They have some new I-Beam system with a seatpost and saddle integrated (I seem to remember seeing them on some of the new Raleighs??) but i have the traditional Ti-railed saddle. Anyone out there use this system? how does it hold up, and how hard is adjustment etc?

Oh and it comes in a whole heap of colours and designs. Perfect to pimp your ride!!

http://www.sdgusa.com/images/traditional/belairs200strip.jpg

the Gobi gets the highest general rating amongst the spinman newsgroup so i don't think you can go wrong with it. (if i could afford one i'd have one - i have a fizik on my road bike and love it)

Agreed, go with the Fizik Gobi, you won't be sorry. Far as I know the Arione is their roadbike saddle. 

Geez, what a flock of sheep.

Vel's, saddles are such a personal thing. You know your bum  shape and firmness of lack thereof are known mostly to you and your other.

Although Fi'zi:k make great saddles, I have found theirGobi to an experience similar to missing my footing on the pommel horse and doing a humpty dumpty on my balls.

Their Aliante and their Arione have been like velvet cushions for the crown jewels.

WTB rocket also workednicely but nowhere near is pimpy so it just had to go into the donation bin..

Try before you buy

Oij, dingBats, the Serfas Saddle is the BEST DEAL. IT's the cheapest(R287) of all the saddles and the Lightest(198grams) so why are you even looking at the other saddles, and my a$$ is not complaining.smileys/smiley36.gif But it you like waisting money on a "name" go for a overpriced saddle.smileys/smiley5.gif