Bend over....CSA is coming...

Speed Devil

I just got an email from my club chairman where he outlines the new license structure and fees......

A full racing license is going to cost......

Wait for it.........

R300!!!!!!DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

And they will be available for renewal from 24 December. What  a lovely Christmas present!!!!AngryAngryAngryAngry
Speed Devil2009-12-03 14:12:20

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading in the Ride magazine last night. The letters page had an interesting reply from CSA to an allegation/accusation from a reader.

I had no idea that CSA was 100 years old already! That begs 2 questions from me:

(i) Surely by now they would have gotten their act together in the last 100 years

(ii) Perhaps being 100 years old it is time to pension them off and get a younger organisation going that is not as senile?

I just renewed my Dutch racing licence.? A cool R800 (73 Euros)...

I hate it when people talk like this. Totally irrelevant. You get payed in euros, not rands.

It covers both Road and MTB (used to be R110 plus R55 per discipline),

but what I want to know is - if I only want to race "casually" for MTB do I pay R300 for racing license and another R75 for MTB cyclosport???

It covers both Road and MTB (used to be R110 plus R55 per discipline)' date=' but what I want to know is - if I only want to race "casually" for MTB do I pay R300 for racing license and another R75 for MTB cyclosport???[/quote']

Pay R300 for one licence and you can race, ride casually or even walk if you want to.

It covers both Road and MTB (used to be R110 plus R55 per discipline)' date='

but what I want to know is - if I only want to race "casually" for MTB do I pay R300 for racing license and another R75 for MTB cyclosport???
[/quote']

will cover all disciplines. as does cyclosport.
holy roller2009-12-04 00:47:21

Will the R300-00 give you the right to race against your peers based on a seeding system or will you still be lumped with the wannabe racers as well.

No mention has been made about the seeding system for next year.

I guess the guys down in the Cape wil continue with the PPA system and the rest of us will depend on the Racetec/Championchip results getting to Cycle events for their system to be used once again.Cycle events and Andrew thank you in advance.

CSA prove us riders wrong and justify why the increase in racing license fee to R300-00 for 2010.What justification for the removal of recreational licenses as well.    

Aaaahhhh

so happy you guys have found sometjing new to bitch and moan about!!!

ShockedShockedShocked

you dont have to buy the licence if you dont want to - if you need it buy it

its R 300 for the year, what is the fuss about.

seems some people just want to complain for the sake of complaining

almost like women always want to have the last word in an argument

Same as the guys who will ride a R50,000-00 bike and then complain about R150 for a race entry.

you dont have to buy the licence if you dont want to - if you need it buy it its R 300 for the year' date=' what is the fuss about.[/quote']

The fuss is about the 100% increase.  You paid R150 last year.  Double this year.  Where is the value for my money.....which brings me to the next point.......

Same as the guys who will ride a R50' date='000-00 bike and then complain about R150 for a race entry. [/quote']

My race bike lasts 3 years.  It gives me on average 800 hours of unmentionable fun and smiles.  It reduces my stress.  Makes me a better person.  I get health benefits from being fit.  I get family benefits from being fit enough to carry my daughter the whole day long on my neck without getting tired. 

That MASSIVELY expensive bike saves me petrol when I commute to work like today.  And the price of my bike has gone DOWN from the previous model, yet it is faster, stiffer, lighter, better designed.....

So I ask you......again........where is my benefit in the 100% increase for something I am forced to have if I want to race? 

In fact.....I'll pay R1 000.00 a year if they show me my benefits of joining their organization.........ClapClapClap

I just renewed my Dutch racing licence.  A cool R800 (73 Euros)...

I hate it when people talk like this. Totally irrelevant. You get payed in euros' date=' not rands.[/quote']

Mampara I see you and others make this remarks and its utter bull sh!t.

Yes he is probably paid in EURO

But you with a good SA job will get 20.000 Rand.

You guys think that the EURO guy gets 20.000 EURO no ways he is already well paid if after taxes he gets 2.000 a month.

So if you convert he has probably a bit more but by far not enough to justify a price difference of almost 200%

Cheers