Fo you can't do without on a ride

MTBjunky

Me definitely gonna try some of that baby potato protocol! Sounds yummy and effective.   smiley2.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

r

3 products ..... no offense weight weenie - I have read the stuff on the PVM bottle - and the rep in our area should actually be shot. Wait you cant shoot anyone who is not around !! I used to support them. But its easier to register on myrace than what it is to find PVM products.

Have you tried that pharmacy across from Tygervalley Centre (where Willie Engelbrecht Cycles used to be) ?

In case of emergency' date=' jellybabies get me home. Keep them on me 9 out of 10 rides even if i don't use them. [/quote']

Yes, but if you don't eat them in the first 30minutes of your ride, it turns into one big jellybaby orgi.

I usually train on water, but always keep R50 in my saddle bag on long rides - that way I can buy anything I like if I get hungry! And have even used it for a nice cold beer on occasion Big%20smile

........ used it for a nice cold beer on occasion Big%20smile

But then how do you get home?

I don't see the problem - after all alcohol also gives your muscles energy for the ride home.

Just don't over do it, cause you'll fall off your bike...

In case of emergency' date=' jellybabies get me home. Keep them on me 9 out of 10 rides even if i don't use them. [/quote']

Yes, but if you don't eat them in the first 30minutes of your ride, it turns into one big jellybaby orgi.

OMG just the thought of all those little jellysluts going at it like they're on the discovery channel gets me soooo hot!!! From now on i'm gonna just pour the little ******* straight down the front of my shorts!!!

I always have a couple of GU's when I do a race, also have some jellybabies but they are not as essential as the GU... 

I find Jellybabies to hard to eat.. cause you end up tearing the whole pack open (onehanded remember- cause we are racing) and then one gets the orgy Dirt*girl was reffering to, so its one big BABE.. and then when you can only breath through your nose, theres always a hill...

Rasins the same.. I bite one end of the pack open and then want to throw them down my throut.. Problem Is I need to keep my eyes on the prize/singletreck/road.. so I end up consentrating so hard that I cant actually remember what I was eating or if any went in my mouth or just one or two... ah.. am I allone??

I dont have a problem eating them

Although it is a good idea to open the packet before the ride.

apples

nature's energy bars!

got sugar, fibre, water AND they dont get squishy and all brown when they have to share storing space with a tube and a bomb and lube and some plugs.

"Full for longer" low GI bread from Woolies smeared with a bit of sugar-free peanut butter.

oooh yum, that bread is goooood - but only a 'bit' of peanut butter? how about 2 cm of it??

My next race involves about about 6-12 hrs worth of mtb'ing each day and for that I cannot survive on just energy drinks and gels. For a 3 hr road ride I can.

ride2rhodes, mands?

some days might be closer to 13 hours than to 6 ... lots of peanut butter sarmies ... actually - double-portions of anything that looks remotely edible Big%20smile

Slowbee to me using the 3 different products for different reasons makes sense. 

Maybe its just marketing but one needs to try it before you can knock it hey ?

So far it seems to be working quite well...
Weight Weenie2010-01-14 15:41:01