Pics & Vids that make you want to ride...

Iwan Kemp

Already way ahead of you on that front. But one cannot always do a long ride after work. And main Bloemendayl seems so wasted.

Bloemendaaler is pretty dodgey at the moment. Passed some dude on there the other day and he looked terrified :P Even Conties only has the black as a technical line. The blue is just as tame as Bloemendal's Lombards.

Anyway, perhaps the reason RSA technical MTB skills are in general pretty *** is because our trails are in general way too chilled, but that's a discussion for another thread :P

Correction - 2 blacks. A line and Revised. 

And yes, Bloemendaler resembles Nagasaki in the 40s. Blown Out. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

veer off (right) the blue at Conters just after the sweeping left hander near the top. Quite a lekker technical section with some jumps. It joins up with the blue again lower down.

Edited by MTBeer

veer off (right) the blue at Conters just after the sweeping left hander near the top. Quite a lekker technical section with some jumps. It joins up with the blue again lower down.

Yeah part of the enduro stages :)

Anyway okes have a lekker safe riding weekend. I'll be riding those boring Tygerberg trails tomorrow with my new short stem. Thanks Myles.

Yo man I'll be riding em too...look out for a black Pyga OneTwenty and gimme some *** ;)

Anyway okes have a lekker safe riding weekend. I'll be riding those boring Tygerberg trails tomorrow with my new short stem. Thanks Myles.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think... 

What time of day was that?  G-Dammit I have to get back there! In the dry.  With more bike.

Evening. That's the Col de Cou Ridgeline

Myself, Raydek & TaahirWP at Jonkers a couple of weeks back. Beware, it's slow. I was absolutely toasted by this point. 

sh!t that looks lekker Myles. Where at Jonkers are those? Looks like Neverending side?

**** that looks lekker Myles. Where at Jonkers are those? Looks like Neverending side?

It's the new Red Phoenix AKA Bennet's Red. Starts right next to the new Black route AKA The Plumber... And yes, it's on never-ending side, but towards the middle of the mountain. 

EDIT: But as you can see, cornering is my nemesis. And I was completely blown out from the climb(s). No speed coming out of the corners, and missed most of the jumps. It's a *** lekker trail. Not as technical as Canaries, but way faster if you have the energy for it. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew