Pics & Vids that make you want to ride...

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL!!! Good for XC training, bro. Nice little loop if you're in to sufferage. Good berm training as well. 

I wish they could build something similar to the Lombard's terra section or G-Spot for that matter , but start it from high up against those hill slopes next to Bloemendal.

I wish they could build something similar to the Lombard's terra section or G-Spot for that matter , but start it from high up against those hill slopes next to Bloemendal.

on the other side of the road, where the Bloemendaler trail is? AFAIK there's a petition from Patrick to open up a new section there that cuts from the bottom of Bloemendaler and links up to the trail down, so you don't have to slog aaaaaallll the way back up again to get to the carpark. 

Would be awesome.

BTW - G Spot. Went back there again after a while, and just after the road gap, in the middle of the first section I thought "this feels a bit strange, I don't remember this being here..." when encountering the new mini-whoops. Went in there at normal speed and had to make rapid changes to how I rode it!!

Lombards is basically a tar road at the moment. There is no nice technical trail at Bloemendal at all :(

Fun yes...as fun as it could be...not a chance

Lombards is basically a tar road at the moment. There is no nice technical trail at Bloemendal at all :(

there's one drop. And it's not even a drop. And then the river crossing that got lawyered. 

there's one drop. And it's not even a drop. And then the river crossing that got lawyered. 

You mean that "roll-in" that all the dirt roadies poop themselves for and go over at 0.1 km/hr? :P

Na man...it's great for beginners.

My favourite part...the "illegal" stuff built by the local kids in Majik!

Please don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative for the efforts made by the trail builders around the Bloemendal area. In the old days it just used to be Majik forest and that was it. But I'm always left a bit deflated after biking at Bloemendal. It's as if there should be something more exciting there. But I guess you can't cater for everyone from the noob to the DH dudes in the same space. 

Please don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative for the efforts made by the trail builders around the Bloemendal area. In the old days it just used to be Majik forest and that was it. But I'm always left a bit deflated after biking at Bloemendal. It's as if there should be something more exciting there. But I guess you can't cater for everyone from the noob to the DH dudes in the same space. 

Yeah you can...the main trail is there...add some devil runs with rock gardens, alternative bigger jumps, one carries enough speed on Lombards that it would be wicked :D

Bloemendaler may not be massively technical but riding it at speed in its present condition is quite a challenge.

For technical go to Conters - many options there.

Combine Conters, Hoogies and Bloemendaler for 3 hours of super fun

Edited by MTBeer

yeah. But - they had a poll recently, and the large majority of respondents wanted more technical trail. So Patrick has license to build it. And build it he shall. They're putting more trails in this year as well. Well worth the membership fees. 

Bloemendaler may not be massively technical but riding it at speed in its present condition is quite a challenge.

For technical go to Conters - many options there.

Combine Conters, Hoogies and Bloemendaler for 3 hours of super fun

Already way ahead of you on that front. But one cannot always do a long ride after work. And main Bloemendayl seems so wasted.

Bloemendaaler is pretty dodgey at the moment. Passed some dude on there the other day and he looked terrified :P Even Conties only has the black as a technical line. The blue is just as tame as Bloemendal's Lombards.

Anyway, perhaps the reason RSA technical MTB skills are in general pretty *** is because our trails are in general way too chilled, but that's a discussion for another thread :P

You mean that "roll-in" that all the dirt roadies poop themselves for and go over at 0.1 km/hr? :P

Na man...it's great for beginners.

My favourite part...the "illegal" stuff built by the local kids in Majik!

some of that is huuuuge

yeah. But - they had a poll recently, and the large majority of respondents wanted more technical trail. So Patrick has license to build it. And build it he shall. They're putting more trails in this year as well. Well worth the membership fees. 

post-21619-0-30293800-1458821515_thumb.jpg