Pics & Vids that make you want to ride...

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what I meant!

Those vids are from our 2015 trip. There's over 600km of single track in the PDS with 22 ski lifts and 6 bikeparks in 2 countries.

There's also some AMAZING road riding with the Joux Plane topping out between Les Gets & Morzine.

Those vids are from our 2015 trip. There's over 600km of single track in the PDS with 22 ski lifts and 6 bikeparks in 2 countries.

There's also some AMAZING road riding with the Joux Plane topping out between Les Gets & Morzine.

How much does a week in morizne cost? It looks better than whistler!

How much does a week in morizne cost? It looks better than whistler!

It's much bigger than whistler. This has 22 ski lifts whistler has 3 as far as I know. It's more spread out. Covering 7 valleys. It's also cheaper. And it's the same timezone as us so no jetlag. I've never been to Whistler tho so I can't really say.

You don't want to go for just one week. It takes a week just to visit all the bike parks and figure out where you want to ride. I recommend 10 days for a first timer. I organize trips. in 2015 we went. The cost was R29500.

That was for 

Plane Tickets

Lift Passes

12 nights accommodation

Breakfast & dinner in the chalet

Airport Shuttle to and from Morzine

You can do it cheaper if you self cater.

I WANNA GO BAAAAAAAACK!

Edited by Duane_Bosch

It's much bigger than whistler. This has 22 ski lifts whistler has 3 as far as I know. It's more spread out. Covering 7 valleys. It's also cheaper. And it's the same timezone as us so no jetlag. I've never been to Whistler tho so I can't really say.

You don't want to go for just one week. It takes a week just to visit all the bike parks and figure out where you want to ride. I recommend 10 days for a first timer. I organize trips. in 2015 we went. The cost was R29500.

That was for

Plane Tickets

Lift Passes

12 nights accommodation

Breakfast & dinner in the chalet

Airport Shuttle to and from Morzine

You can do it cheaper if you self cater.

If i sell both my bikes I can get there....its 22k for Canada and back so it's pretty dam good priced,edit is that a package deal? Edited by mongooser

If i sell both my bikes I can get there....its 22k for Canada and back so it's pretty dam good priced,edit is that a package deal?

Subject to exchange rate fluctuation (so it'll be cheaper now) but yes. Duane's & Karl's sideline business. Pretty much the only thing not included is lunch and beer. Cos the mutzig is crazy... 

Subject to exchange rate fluctuation (so it'll be cheaper now) but yes. Duane's & Karl's sideline business. Pretty much the only thing not included is lunch and beer. Cos the mutzig is crazy...

This better be running in 2019!

Who needs beer and lunch

Be to busy riding

Hahahahahaha! Trust me, you'll need lunch. Just to give your hands something different to hold on to

True I guess hahaha

My case it'll be very neccasery

This better be running in 2019!

Who needs beer and lunch

Be to busy riding

Deff going back next year. And knowing myself come May when the videos of the new trails start popping up on the internet I'm probably going to find a way (excuse) to go back.

Last year they added a new lift to the Zore side and there's rumors that in 2018 Samoens is going to be included in the PDS.

3 of us did 8824m in vertical descent in ONE day. That's the vertical equivalent of 73 Paarl runs.

120 something km.

Runs in 6 bikeparks.

Morzine

Zore

Lindarets

Crosets

Morgins

Les Gets

We didn't do a run in Chatel.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

There's a trail there called Serpentine. It has 32 berms. Yes 32. And they are HUUUGE! The smallest ones are 1.5m and the highest ones are 3m. You surf through some of them.

And you'll ride the trail once. Coz It's not rad enough.

There's a trail in Les Gets that has 17 tables on it. 17!!! Aaaand you'll ride it maybe 3 times coz the jumps aren't 100% perfect. One or 2 are a bit short and 1 or 2 buck you a bit.

You get picky pretty quickly in the Alps.

There's a trail there called Serpentine. It has 32 berms. Yes 32. And they are HUUUGE! The smallest ones are 1.5m and the highest ones are 3m. You surf through some of them.

And you'll ride the trail once. Coz It's not rad enough.

There's a trail in Les Gets that has 17 tables on it. 17!!! Aaaand you'll ride it maybe 3 times coz the jumps aren't 100% perfect. One or 2 are a bit short and 1 or 2 buck you a bit.

You get picky pretty quickly in the Alps.

Aagh! I want to head to the Alps so bad! I'm in Belgium, so its even driving distance for me.

What is a good suggestion for a park with a more natural tech flavour to it? I enjoy the big man made flow trails, but would rather be riding more rocky, rooty trails that also have more natural drops, ruts and jumps.