GOOD NEWS CENTRAL GAUTENG CYCLIST LICENSING

mallo

The agreement earlier with CGC was that for 2007 R75 cyclosport would cover all diciplines road, MTB, track and BMX and that 2008 one would need separate lic (at least that is what our club informed us).

Now things appear to have changed, without proper communication. Not very well organised.

Having said that at R150 direct afilliation would still work out cheaper than paying club fees, club kit and for a lic.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R75 membership and R150 for direct affiliation

Could have cost you less if you joined a club

Scotty, Cyclo licence is R55.00 plus R20.00 per dicipline

Our club fees is only R130.00 and club members are not forced to wear club kit

Scotty' date=' Cyclo licence is R55.00 plus R20.00 per dicipline

[/quote']

They don't even force us to ride our bikes we do thyat ourselves, seriously get a decent club and join them, there are a few out there.

Where are you maybe you can join us?????

I phoned CGC this morning and they already had me registered through Germiston Wheelers and told me that my ID no. is my individual no. to use when registering for races.

Nothing more to pay, no drama - sorry.

Backlash' date=' do you have to work for Telkom to become a member?[/quote']

I can answer that one no you don't have to most of us are all inthe private sector, some in banking building jewellry it human resources one or two in Telkom not all PM me and i will send you details

Scotty' date=' Cyclo licence is R55.00 plus R20.00 per dicipline

[/quote']

Correct the mail did say R55 was for cyclo lic and R20 covered all diciplines. Its a pity this inititaive was not around when i did my Project Management Diploma, i could have submitted a whole assignement on how not to manage a change.

Scotty besides you project experience I think your marketing diploma would also be welcome . In Bicycling mag the following :

Cyclists that are not licensed but that participate in events will not be seeded and will start at the back .

So in plain english . Nobody can force you to buy a license for the day at any event ! Problem solved .

... and also in plain english: the unseeded bunch starting at the back is gonna be HUGE!

So what? Take the argus as an example. Most of the groups are 500+ anyways...

Even the knysna road race was only 5 groups or something silly. No-one complained. We still managed decent times...

Dont all start jumping up and down shouting yahoo. There is a difference between affiliated through your club and lic full or cyclosport. If you are a paid member of a club affiliated to CGC you can race seeded any race in Gauteng and if my info is correct KZN as your details will be on the CGC database. If however you venture out to do races in other provinces, you require a lic be it full or cyclosport otherwise you need to cough up for a temp one.

So thyolo does that mean im fine too?

Prolly, just give them a ring - google cgc  for no. and lady who answered the phone sorted it.

They're in Cyclelab building.

And WTF is this all about :

Powerade Dome 2 Dome Cycling Spectacular 2007

Powerade Dome 2 Dome Mountain Bike Race 2007

Date: Sunday, 16th September 2007

Closing Date: 3rd September 2007, 23h00

Province: Gauteng

Entry Options:

- Road: 116km (R140), 80km (R100), 40km (R70)

- Mountain Bike: 60km (R90), 30km (R60), 15km (R40)

Starting Times: Road 05h30, Mountain Bike 08h30

Number Collection:

At the venue, Sportex Expo, The Coca-Cola Dome, corner Olievenhout & Northumberland Roads, Honeydew;

Friday 14th September, 10h00 - 20h00

Saturday 15th September, 10h00 - 16h00

Timed By: WinningTime

All pre-entries will gain free entry into the Sportex Expo!

All unlicensed riders may be required to purchase a day license at R30, as per CGC rules.

More Information, click here

To enter, click here

Here's how I understand the situation...

Phoned CGC yesterday and confirmed I am affiliated through my club, but not licensed. Anyone affiliated to CGC will not have to pay for a temp licence and will be seeded. If other unions decide not to use the CGC database, then a temp licence need to be purchased.

In order to obtain a licence, one needs to submit a completed CSA licence application and pay the relevant licence fee (and submitted 2 photo's for first time applicants only).