1. 1. You like having an extra 3" - but do you prefer HT or Full Suspension

• Extra 3" makes it more comfortable so I don't mind a HT
    • Extra 3" with another 4" of squish floats my boat

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think a lot of people miss the fact that you ride a hardtail differently to a full suspension bike, I have switched over to a hardtail 29er Scott Pro and I must say I prefer it over my full suspension Merida 96 I had.

But I had to just my riding style full suspension tends to make you abit lazy in the saddle, not that there is anything wrong with it, but I prefer the simplicity of the hardtail.

Love my Anthem 29er!! Dual sus is the way to go. Nearly 50 so the body needs all the help it can get!! :thumbup:

42 years old and pretty well banged up, almost 100kg and ride a steel 29er, rigid and single speed.

Apparently I swear a lot while I ride but still the most fun I have had on a bike that I can think of

I believed the story of a 29" HT being just as soft as a 26" dualie....sold my niner air 9 after 3 months....ordered a Scalpel 29er 2....paid....waiting....should probably change my Avatar

Edited by wynandvdmerwe

The HT does take the "sting" out of the trail vs a 26" HT, but a 29'er duallie will most definitely do a better job at sucking up trail chatter and hits, not to mention the comfort over the HT on longer distances.

Edited by Hairy

42 years old and pretty well banged up, almost 100kg and ride a steel 29er, rigid and single speed.

Apparently I swear a lot while I ride but still the most fun I have had on a bike that I can think of

Like your style!!!

• 3 months later...

Love my Anthem 29er!! Dual sus is the way to go. Nearly 50 so the body needs all the help it can get!! :thumbup:

Have to agree with you!

I have a Merida HT and the Anthem 29er and I still enjoy ride both of them! Differant horses for different terrain :-)

I got rid off my Felt 29" Nine Elite Carbon HT after last year and got a Scott Spark Elite 29" FS - and what a difference it does to ride comfort! The story about "29er HT is almost like a soft tail" - it is just a story.

That was only true while there were either no 29r FS bikes available or the ones that were were crappy, now that it's sorted it is no longer valid ;)

Since the purchase of my 29er full sus I have never, never been back on my 26 hard tail