MTB Races getting too Technical?

Aggies

Are MTB races being made too Technical?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Are MTB races being made too Technical?

• YES
    • NO

Take the MTN series as an example: People that have done both the 75 and 50 at Clarens vowed never to do it again!!

I was also bitching about Clarens, but not because of the technical stuff - about the graspolletjies yes.  Graspolletjies is not technical.  And I think most other people also had an issue with the graspolletjies, not that it was too technical ... I could be wrong ...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This made for interesting reading! We, as race organisers, welcome all feedback and comments on the standard of the mtb races and will take your comments to heart. One of the biggest problems with technical routes or technical bits are the congestion that it causes. We are trying to alleviate congestion by introducing the new seeding sytem (SAS) and the batch starts. Hopefully this will make for happy mtb'ing during races!

This made for interesting reading! We' date=' as race organisers, welcome all feedback and comments on the standard of the mtb races and will take your comments to heart. One of the biggest problems with technical routes or technical bits are the congestion that it causes. We are trying to alleviate congestion by introducing the new seeding sytem (SAS) and the batch starts. Hopefully this will make for happy mtb'ing during races![/quote']

Can't wait for the first Nissan race on Saturday! It had some of the sweetest singletrack around last year, just a pity about the bad congestion. If you sorted it out this year, this race will be one of the best around!

This made for interesting reading! We' date=' as race organisers, welcome all feedback and comments on the standard of the mtb races and will take your comments to heart. One of the biggest problems with technical routes or technical bits are the congestion that it causes. We are trying to alleviate congestion by introducing the new seeding sytem (SAS) and the batch starts. Hopefully this will make for happy mtb'ing during races![/quote']

Love your work, keep it up...

The next poll is probably gonna be.....take the rapids and portages out of the Dusi, or no more out-of-category climbs in the Tour de France. Maybe the 110m hurdles shouldn't have any hurdles.

We take part in these sports because of the challenges. If we just want to ride to be fit, then a ride on farm rodes should suffice. Why pay an entry fee for a race.

And I don't know about numbers declining, on TV the other night they mentioned 3 different races taking place on the same weekend with in excess of 2000 riders in each.

Not every road rider is a great climber or great sprinter or great time trialist, but they choose the event they want to excel in, but doesn't mean they don't take part in those that don't suit them.

My 1c ( maybe not worth 2c) worth

ride within yr own limits until you master the terrain...if u can't, get off, push or carry, get over, get on, and go....

One of the reasons our international stars are doing so well is because of the long hard technical routes they get to race in SA. Bring it on. If you find you can't ride a hill or handle a rocky descent - get out and practise. even teh pro's carry their bikes at times and have to walk. Its da sport!