What is happening to the Hub?

gummibear

To solve the "For Sale' section is easy:

No questions on on the open forum, only an ad, the rest needs to be negotiated with the seller/buyer directly via PM, the seller can however post updates on his/her sales ad. Also remove for sale update posts etc from the "latest topics" bar, we know where to for sale section is.

Some other ideas reccomendations:

Get some sort of spell check built in, this will cancel about 15% of the arguments here. (I'm no IT guru, so not sure if this can be done)

Buyer/sell rating sytem ala bid or buy et al. This has been begged for, for yonks. Make it happen please.

Language filter, you swear, your account gets "put on hold" for a day.

You insult personally- account on hold for a week, managed through a reporting process. Do it again and banned for life.

The hub needs a major facelift, current graphics, layout etc is looking a bit tired.

Good Luck, and I look forward to a better life for all. Bunch of dumb ass mofo's (Thought I would get it out of my system before I get bannedLOL)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mackie,

My number of posts do not qualify me for many comments, but here goes: Fully agree with your points, specifically PM's on sales - the classifieds thread becomes quite long with important bits spread over a few pages, which is not helping sellers or buyers.

I would also broaden the topic section - people are asking the same questions repeatedly because they do not search and a wider range of topics may help.

However, sorry to digress but you may want to check the spelling of recommend Smile

Start a CRC forum....

More like Frequently Answered Questions with specific reference to the following in no specific order...

CRC

2bliss conversions

Whats in your bottle

Delamination

Argus then 94.7

What LBS

etc

How about a few stickies?

Like CRC ordering and VAT and imports etc?

Yes please as it looks like most newbies can't do a search for CRCWink

Start a CRC forum....

More like Frequently Answered Questions with specific reference to the following in no specific order...

CRC

2bliss conversions

Whats in your bottle

Delamination

Argus then 94.7

What LBS

etc

You forgot the SRAM / Campy / Shimano threads

Mackie,

My number of posts do not qualify me for many comments, but here goes: Fully agree with your points, specifically PM's on sales - the classifieds thread becomes quite long with important bits spread over a few pages, which is not helping sellers or buyers.

I would also broaden the topic section - people are asking the same questions repeatedly because they do not search and a wider range of topics may help.

However, sorry to digress but you may want to check the spelling of recommend Smile

I personally could care less about spelling errors, but some people do, so by having a spell check there is another less thing to whine about.

Ditto!! Love the way you can comment on the 'For Sale' items. Dont change.
I also love the classifieds, but today was case in point, a sale was ruined by others posting, which was un-proven rants and opinions, in retrospect it was totally incorrect assumptions which led to name calling and damaged reputations, which should never of happened and could of been avoided. I also got involved to a lesser extent, so no finger pointing. Willing Seller, Willing Buyer principle should apply. Oops, its beer o clock!!! Cheers!

As you can see, my status says I am a rookie.

Personally I do not care (at this stage) about the classifieds. My reason to join the hub is to find out more about local riding/group riding. At this stage I am cycling on my own due to the fact that I work in shifts, but it would be great if I would learn about the people/club/racing/ in my area.

However, I am a moderator on a chat site and I can tell you now although we all might have good ideas to get ride of some posts/people it is easier said then done.

Here you can report such things and if you done that fine. Just ignore such people/posts as it is up to us to keep it fun. People that want to spoil are just doing it to get reactions from us.

So from all the forums that I have visited so far, I like what I read (yeah, there is the occassional rubish and foul language) just ignore such people and if you want report them.

Moenie worrie nie, it is up to us to keep it fun and clearly admin is also working on it, so keep focussing of the good stuff :-)

Guest Frail4Life

Matt

Thanks for ALL the hard work, Everyday.

Lots of times we hubbers do not always relise the fuss we cause others or Mods.

Points thread.

For Stolen bikes, must have a picture.

For Lost and Found, full details.

For Commuting, any good Routes ie Bike lanes.

For Clubs, any Clubs willing to update post ie Weekend rides.

Cheers

David

What about a development section as well, development clubs, mentoring, coaching, etc all under the DEVELOPMENT BANNER. MATT, this site needs to evolve with the times we living in and accomodate everyone from all walks of life.The search facility or engine needs a bit of extrat coding as well. I have a guy who can assist with all the proposed enhancements, let me know if you need HELP!!Question

On the subjects of classifieds, why not make it a requirement that any ad posted for an item that has a serial number should be included? This could be linked to this site and many of the others that are springing up and the National Bike Registry. Two areas this could adress would be the trafficking of stolen goods - which, I have know doubt, is being done through this forum - and expose the origin of some "discounted" offers that appear here.

Hi everyone

I am also new to the site and have also noticed alot of scaming and junk on the Hub,but at the end of the day it should be for passionate cyclists.

At the end of the day if you want to enter a race you need your Racing number that has all your info on it and include verification from the

National Bike Registry as Holy roller has mentioned.

Let that be two of the criteria that is needed to enter the Hub which first has to be verified by the Hub and only then you may enter the Hub as a member. 

You need to be knownStern%20Smile

Regards

Ab.

1912962010-05-30 12:27:52