Giant MTB Frame??

nochain

If you just scrape the surface it can lead to a crack with all the pounding a bike takes. And if you are not riding a MTB hard' date=' then you are wasting your time.

[/quote']

Hey Mampara - eendag wanneer ek groot is kan ek dalk so goed soos jy ry....Confused

at least I'm trying!Big%20smile

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rad summed it up more or less . You may be a very carefull MTB racer but there comes times when you got to go over the rock or jump the gap and if things goes wrong I fear you may break more than just a leg . I must admit that I have not heard of a lot of carb MTB's breaking

DR, Ek klim sommer af voor ek op daai stadium kom!!! hahahahaLOL ek's nog baaaie cautious!Embarrassed

If you just scrape the surface it can lead to a crack with all the pounding a bike takes. And if you are not riding a MTB hard' date=' then you are wasting your time.

[/quote']

Hey Mampara - eendag wanneer ek groot is kan ek dalk so goed soos jy ry....Confused

Dit is waar die probleem inkom. As jy goed is val jy nie en dan kan jy een koop. Ek val nog so dit is hoekom ek maar weg bly.

[/quote']

Dit is waar die probleem inkom. As jy goed is val jy nie en dan kan jy een koop. Ek val nog so dit is hoekom ek maar weg bly.

ek wag nog vir my val episode... het nog net een (nee wag, twee keer) in die dam neer gedinges!!!!Big%20smile 

al moet ek dit self s? lyk my track record nie te bad nie so ver!!! LOL

Ooooo hel, ek gaan my g@t sien more by NF!!!!Confused

Ooooo hel' date=' ek gaan my g@t sien more by NF!!!!Confused
[/quote']

Ek het my bike 2 dae gehad toe val ek mat dinges af daar. Helfte van die Hub het dit gewitness en nou is daar 'n skraap onder my downtube. Dankie tog die baaik is alu.

Ok forget the Carbon part,Thats the cyclesure's problem.Is this a good price for a full suss bike??That is the main reason we want this frame!!

Very good price. I would buy it if you are going to insure, and if you get to look the bike over before buying. I'm always cautious of what seems to be an excellent price, what is the seller trying to hide? But apart from that, hell, it's an awesome frame!

Beee, I have no problem with the NRS.  It is simply the way I read the reviews.  At one stage I was seriously considering buying a second hand one. The guy changes his mind about selling the bike. Cry<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The general impression that I got from the reviews was that the rear suspension was ?n bit harsh and not as active as some other frames.  This is not a bad thing if you are looking for hard tail type performance. 

http://www.whatmtb.com/biketestdetails.asp?id=592

http://www.whatmtb.com/biketestdetails.asp?id=541

I must say that I will be a bit worry to buy any carbon frame second hand as it is a lot harder to determine if the frame has picked up damage.  But I most probably would be scraping the money together if I was in noChain shoes.

All this talk of damaged frames makes me wonder if anybody knows who makes nice STEEL frame full sussers?..Big%20smile

Oxwagon, I still don't have a clue what that explanations means but... Big%20smile yeah, thanx!!!!

hoe s? Spidey... Dis my colourscheme!!!!LOLLOL

Awesome frame, perfect to build up for a lightweight XC racer...would I buy it, no....it's carbon, rather get the alu version. The NRS is discontinued so you should be able to pick them up quite cheap these days.

Not sure as others have said about the negativity around CF MTB's. My son little Ben rides a Specialized CF hardtail. My guess is he rides harder (some hubbers can attest to that!) than most of the pansies around (includes me!) and it's still 100%!

I think that's a great price for a pretty bling frame, if you can afford it get it! As it is second hand I would just check it out pretty well for obvious damage and for play in the bushes/bearings and area around the suspension.

Carbon Fibre isn't just spastic plastic! 

Beee' date=' I have no problem with the NRS.  It is simply the way I read the reviews.  At one stage I was seriously considering buying a second hand one. The guy changes his mind about selling the bike. Cry

The general impression that I got from the reviews was that the rear suspension was ?n bit harsh and not as active as some other frames.  This is not a bad thing if you are looking for hard tail type performance. 

http://www.whatmtb.com/biketestdetails.asp?id=592

http://www.whatmtb.com/biketestdetails.asp?id=541

..Big%20smile

[/quote']

Quite correct, it's supposed to be a hard ride. The NRS is a racer...not a all day bike....although I had no issues with my old NRS. It's fast and responsive...but if you want a nice plush ride, rather go for the trance, or...back before the trance in the NRS glory days the giant VT.

Not sure as others have said about the negativity around CF MTB's. My son little Ben rides a Specialized CF hardtail. My guess is he rides harder (some hubbers can attest to that!) than most of the pansies around (includes me!) and it's still 100%!

I think that's a great price for a pretty bling frame' date=' if you can afford it get it! As it is second hand I would just check it out pretty well for obvious damage and for play in the bushes/bearings and area around the suspension.

Carbon Fibre isn't just spastic plastic! 
[/quote']

Just remember....carbon might look fine, but on the inside there might be cracks. Also when carbon breaks there's no warning, and the edges are sharp... OuchWink But I hear what you say, carbon is not AS WEAK as people think...still I won't trust it on a mtb.