Import duties on cycling goods

Capricorn

Hi all,

Please could anyone advise on the import duty fees with regards to buying tools from chain reaction cycles?

I'm not sure which catagory it would fall under.

Thanks

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps ask them to mark them as BICYCLE SPARE PARTS

You can't ask them squat. They send hundreds of packages every day and will not stray from the law..

You can't ask them squat. They send hundreds of packages every day and will not stray from the law..

Whether you can ask them anything I wouldn't know, I've never bought from them!

But, no one asking them to break the law, unless labelling tools used for repairing bicycles as bicycle parts is breaking the law. 

Perhaps it is, in which case BICYCLE TOOLS.

Hi all,

Please could anyone advise on the import duty fees with regards to buying tools from chain reaction cycles?

I'm not sure which catagory it would fall under.

Thanks

Find the correct HS Code for bicycle tools and I'll give you an accurate estimate, SARS website 

It won't be a biggy, really

Edited by Ed-Zulu

Find the correct HS Code for bicycle tools and I'll give you an accurate estimate, SARS website

It won't be a biggy, really

Thanks stoffies,

To be honest I was expecting 10% on bicycle spares and perhaps tools, however don't want to get any nasty surprises. I.e. 40%

Edited by alex rim

Thanks stoffies,

To be honest I was expecting 10% on bicycle spares and perhaps tools, however don't want to get any nasty surprises. I.e. 40%

Wont be much more than 25%, if that much

I recently bought SRAM Red gruppo and was charged 10 duty. No such thing as a free ride!!!

My Shimano grouppo arrived today - 0% duty, only VAT and R37 handling.

Lexx: send me one too. i'd like to update the OP with a link to the tariff book if possible.

send me your mail adress

I recently bought SRAM Red gruppo and was charged 10 duty. No such thing as a free ride!!!

I presume you mean 10%. If so this is more than likely the upliftment fee - 10% of FOB value.