BUYCYCLE.CO.ZA!!!! WOOOHHAAA! GREAT!!!!

MobileBikeTec

I bought some stuff from them this week and all I can say is, excellent prices and service and also with local agent backing!! Got the package via courier 3 days after my order was put in!!

Spoke to them for quit a while over the phone, and they are rapidly expanding. They'll be getting all the new campag groups is, Eddie Merxcks, Felt, Cervello etc.

Even if they dont have it on their website, they can get it for you at very good prices!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a few queries re. stock and pricing and they were very quick to answer. Impressed!

I suggested a mate order some stuff from them instead of CRC as their prices were better. He got free delivery and it got there quicker than they said it would.

I would definitely use them next time I was shopping and would reccommend them to anyone as well.

Sorry boys....for an internet shop you are still CRAZY expensive!!!!

So here is my order I will place at year end......

Without hackling or mails or crap, this is what I want and what CRC and BC quotes:

11sp chain

Chain link

Flea lights

2 x 11sp casset.

Buycycling gets R4400

CRC gets R3 650

Both free delivery.

So why am I paying R750 more??????? <_<

That is a 20% markup on CRC (Who is already making a profit) :blink:

So no.....not yet convinced that you are a true SA internet shop. :huh:

They are not the cheapest on everything.

It still pays to shop around.

Between CWC, BuyCycle and Peter Wheeler, there is almost no need to go overseas.

Of course, there will always be an exception as CRC still has the biggest range of products.

BuyCycling get thier stuff from local agents - that could explain the higher prices on Campy goods

Without hackling or mails or crap, this is what I want and what CRC and BC quotes:

11sp chain

Chain link

Flea lights

2 x 11sp casset.

Buycycling gets R4400

CRC gets R3 650

Both free delivery.

Spinnerkop

I bought a easton ec90 stem,seat post & easton areo roadbars from them and i only paid R3,537.38 AND ON IMPORT TAX ..At Crc it would cost me over R.4500.00 AT THAT TIME.

Look here I buy lots from CRC but buycycles have realy got good prices and if you order the wrong part they will collect and send you the right one at no extra charge !

Ab

11sp chain

Chain link

Flea lights

2 x 11sp casset.

Buycycling gets R4400

CRC gets R3 650

Both free delivery.

Most of Buycycles prices are very competitive, except maybe for the campag stuff but I'm sorry, thats purely J&J's fault not buycycle. J&J are the ones with the high mark-up on there products and especially campag stuff, not the shops. Sram was willing to drop its prices to be more competitive with the online stores and look how comparable the prices now are.

Most of Buycycles prices are very competitive, except maybe for the campag stuff but I'm sorry, thats purely J&J's fault not buycycle. J&J are the ones with the high mark-up on there products and especially campag stuff, not the shops. Sram was willing to drop its prices to be more competitive with the online stores and look how comparable the prices now are.

Maybe so....BUT.

Omnico (I think) does Blackburn.

Explain this:

CRC R350

BC R470

Both excl delivery, including VAT.

:blink:

SRAM chain link....Getting one for R56....getting 3 at CRC at same price?

uuuuummmmmmm. Guess where my credit card will be used..... <_<

Don't get me wrong...I am all for "local is lekker"....

Ask Bruce....I am one of the best customers..... :P

If a price is nearly as close with them local than with CRC, why should I support a guy sitting in a foreign country doing nothing for local cycling......

So yes, I WANT to support the local boys and I bet you that after some hackling with CWC, the order will go to them but geepers....

We're talking R3.6k vs. R4.4k

For that extra R800 I can take the Mrs out to dinner to try and explain the new shipment coming in....... :D

SRAM chain link....Getting one for R56....getting 3 at CRC at same price?

Contact Kiwi for YBN ones. R17 ea and he even has 10spd ones that can be reused unlike Sram.

Contact Kiwi for YBN ones. R17 ea and he even has 10spd ones that can be reused unlike Sram.

Thanks Para. Good advice.

Only question will be if the YBN is the same width as the SRAM as the SRAM works on the Campy 11sp chain!! B)

(Don't tell anyone.....otherwise Campy's little pin for R115 or their chain tool for R1500 will never sell....... ;) :P )

Guest coenie

My new shop of choice :D

They need to get some more bikes though!

Fully agree

Ok, so I thought I'll put all thisype to a test.

My order placed at 9:40AM...just got confirmation that my parcel has been send off!!

Now if it wasn't for the weeknd - it would have arrived tomorrow AM already!!

Not too shabby, hey Nidge? B)

Don't get me wrong...I am all for "local is lekker"....

Ask Bruce....I am one of the best customers..... :P

If a price is nearly as close with them local than with CRC, why should I support a guy sitting in a foreign country doing nothing for local cycling......

So yes, I WANT to support the local boys and I bet you that after some hackling with CWC, the order will go to them but geepers....

We're talking R3.6k vs. R4.4k

For that extra R800 I can take the Mrs out to dinner to try and explain the new shipment coming in....... :D

It`s not R3600 because thats excluding VAT.

So therefore it is R4104 vs R4400

I know CRC is better but maybe BC/CWC can do better.

Never forget to add VAT to all amounts before comparing! :blink:

I'm still waiting to receive a reply to the email I sent them at the end of last week. Not exactly what you'd want from an "online" store. <_<