Is the alot of Fat Mountain bikers out there???

Clint Adams

I don't mind if my shirts are tight, it shows my passion, love and commitment to food.

HAHAHAHA!

Me too.

But I often get a snide remark from my dear wife.

I tell her tight shirts are more aerodynamic....

Anyway, current weight: 103kg

target weight: 95kg

Tight shirts motivate me to ride more and try and eat less.

(shorts are stretchy anyway...)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree bought mine from Mr Price Sports as well , but yes cycling will make you drop the weight if you watch what you eat , and only cheat while on the bike ;) , I started cycling a year ago weighing in at 108kg ... currently sitting at 75 kg ... so yes cycling works.

Damn, and I thought my 10kg loss from January was impressive. Well done benadeja.

HAHAHAHA!

Me too.

But I often get a snide remark from my dear wife.

I tell her tight shirts are more aerodynamic....

Anyway, current weight: 103kg

target weight: 95kg

Tight shirts motivate me to ride more and try and eat less.

(shorts are stretchy anyway...)

............. and tell her the boep inside a tight shirt makes you sooooo much more aerodynamic!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind if my shirts are tight, it shows my passion, love and commitment to food.

Come to think of it, your avatar actually looks kinda like a donut! :rolleyes:

You tend to find the looser shirts at the expos at big events, like the Argus otherwise sportshops but generally pricey ....

But I reason the closer fittings ones keep you cooler - the wick effect transfers your sweat to the outside where the wind takes it away via evaporation, also lowering temperature (something to do wth thermodynamics)

You must be eating popcorn dude ;)

Come to think of it, your avatar actually looks kinda like a donut! :rolleyes:

I am nice and round and threaded :lol:

You must be eating popcorn dude ;)

With butter and cheese.

I checked some massive shirts at Solomons, they were lank cheap as I presume very few cyclists are so big. R99 for anatomic shirts.

Really great to hear so many awesome weight loss stories! Keep it up, all of you!

Well I've picked up 3kg in the last 2mths .. been more off the saddle than on.

Well I've picked up 3kg in the last 2mths .. been more off the saddle than on.

I think its this weird Weather we've been having here in Cape Town. Hope the weather starts to clear up as I see the sun comes out earlier in the morning now. I'm getting myself ready for the morning rides before work. Hope my boss will let me come in later in the morning. I think 8:45Am would be ok as it takes me a 45min to go up Coetzenburg and down by "Hang brug" back to Idas Valley.

Should be interesting.... :rolleyes:

I am not fat, just broad shouldered around the hips. Lost 8 kays these past 2 months, from eating healthy.

Cannot wait to get back on the bike again

Sheesh, I'm on the other end of the scale (literally)...

Begin 2009, peak racing fitness: 67.5kg, 9.5% body fat.

Now (one 2-3hr ride every two weeks if I'm lucky): 71.5kg, 14.8% body fat.

The fat % really surprised me, quite a big jump, hehe!

I think its this weird Weather we've been having here in Cape Town. Hope the weather starts to clear up as I see the sun comes out earlier in the morning now. I'm getting myself ready for the morning rides before work. Hope my boss will let me come in later in the morning. I think 8:45Am would be ok as it takes me a 45min to go up Coetzenburg and down by "Hang brug" back to Idas Valley.

Should be interesting.... :rolleyes:

I have the luxury of flexi hours so only start work when I get to the office :) ... I commute most days but the last month has been tough - my vasectomy and now the flu which has gone to my chest :(