Wives Vs Cycling

Caerus

I can understand this point, but I must say that being as obbsessive as we (cyclists) are, should be a good sign. Imagine how you'd look if you never followed through on anything? Humans are naturally obsessive, so it's a good thing its cycling we choose to obsess about?

No question, MTBBarbie...

It is a good thang.

And partners, men or women, can appreciate that. B)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tell my wife that I could be riding some 20 year old bimbo with big boobs instead of my bike...she's happy with that :lol:

Must say that I'm fairly lucky.

Theres only a bit of conflict when the definition of "my bicycle room" becomes blurred.

and when she jokes about my "bicycle problem" to her friends while I'm standing within earshot

Juslaaik die meeste van julle ouks is lekka doffff!!!!!!! Buy a Tandem...... even if you do not really fully convert to Tandemism, she will never really know whether that new wheelset is for the Tandem or not. Even better ..... get a road and MTB tandem...... but beware the cult of Tandemism is extremely contageous. You may end up ONLY cycling a Tande!!!!!!!!!

That will never ever ever ever ever happen, not for me at least ;)

Whatever you do, be careful your partner doesn't sell your bike for the price you say you paid for it!

Classic, scary at the same time.

That will never ever ever ever ever happen, not for me at least ;)

Would love to see a tandem go down a single track :D

my wife's chain is to short. she cant reach the garage to see my bikes stuff...

Now that's the best advise I have seen on the HUB ! Well done Skaap,maybe you should change your name to "genius" !!

I just tell my wife that I could be riding some 20 year old bimbo with big boobs instead of my bike...she's happy with that :lol:

Brussel could you pm me that 20 year old's number, see my bike's out of action at the moment and wife overseas.......... :P

Would love to see a tandem go down a single track :D

Downhill Tandem, that could be even more interesting :lol:

I don’t have any of the problems you guys have – as I am the wife. Started cycling to make this bicycling-thing a family affair. I am the only one that got hooked. Sold my bike (cheapest of them all). Got my self an old road bike and ride with my oldest son’s MTB.

So this is not my problem it is theirs.

I don’t have any of the problems you guys have – as I am the wife. Started cycling to make this bicycling-thing a family affair. I am the only one that got hooked. Sold my bike (cheapest of them all). Got my self an old road bike and ride with my oldest son’s MTB.

So this is not my problem it is theirs.

Good for you - now u need to find a place to hide all the new bike bits and receipts

Ive had to put my foot down recently, the wife was moaning I was spending too much time & money on things bike related. Im sorry but I think its bollocks that someone can want you to stop the thing you love.

Anyone in a similar situation or got similar stories?

what does she spend on shoes?

or hair - do you have any idea what a colour & cut cost? and it's not once-off, it's a monthly expense.

cycling is waaaaaay cheaper.

what does she spend on shoes?

or hair - do you have any idea what a colour & cut cost? and it's not once-off, it's a monthly expense.

cycling is waaaaaay cheaper.

A hair cut & colour cost between R700 - R1000(its crazy), "shoes" I make her walk barefoot, as she is never far from the kitchen :P.