Wives Vs Cycling

Caerus

I stopped smoking and drinking and am losing weight due to the cycling so thats my argument! I also got my partner to start studying so I am in the green!!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

eish, you guys who have the whole couples thing going are forcing me to open my mind to the concept of "maybe mr right will come along one day". hope your partners realise how lucky they are!

I can train or race whenever i want. She has NEVER missed going to a race with me. Only problem is cycling shops. She always wants me to buy more stuff!!!!

P.S. No you can't swop :D

My dear wife is relieved I am not a keen golfer with early morning Tee Offs and long 19th hole sessions (a golf widow)

She also realises how happy it makes me and concedes that I am a better husband and father if I get out and ride a few times a week.

She gets her gym days and I get my riding days and everyone is (mostly) happy.

She is also a lot more observant than I thought! I swapped my black Shimano pedals for some black Keo's and she started asking questions. Coming from someone who doesnt know what brand of bikes I have, I was impressed/amazed and bust! Ha Ha

I can train or race whenever i want. She has NEVER missed going to a race with me. Only problem is cycling shops. She always wants me to buy more stuff!!!!

P.S. No you can't swop :D

But she makes damn sure that YOU get the color SHE wants :lol:

I have a friend that divorced her husband because he only ever spent time mountain biking...but she wont even get on a bike. She obviously doesnt know what she's missing.

And my girlfriend keeps on saying that my bikes are my other mistresses. So long as my affairs are with bikes rather than women..we're good. Luckily she cycles with me because i upgraded her form a 21" Genesis hardtail, to a 17.5 " Raleigh RDS7 to a 16" Santa Cruz Juliana which fits her well.

My wife came in the garage the other day whilst I was cleaning my bike. She said "I wish you'd give me as much attention as you give that damn bike"

I looked up at her, smiled sweetly & said "but darling, I don't ride you as often..."

At least we have a big couch. :)

:D Dude, I can so relate to this one. The bike never says "No" or "I have a headache."

I am secretly wishing that she would leave with the milkman so I can get out of it without a messy custody battle.

I think though in this modern SA of ours that the bike stands a better chance of leaving with the milkman and leaving me with her. :(

:D Dude, I can so relate to this one. The bike never says "No" or "I have a headache."

I am secretly wishing that she would leave with the milkman so I can get out of it without a messy custody battle.

I think though in this modern SA of ours that the bike stands a better chance of leaving with the milkman and leaving me with her. :(

More likley you will be left with an empty garage, either way :lol:

Hubby spends a LOT on bikes. Upgrade this, replace that on mtb and road, and not only when something breaks. So I get the old 'new' stuff. What a bargain. Have not spent a cent on parts on my 2 bikes since we got married 5 years ago. B)

Thanks guys for reminding me how lucky I am! :) Gonna give my wife a big hug toninght.

She buys more mtb stuff for me than I do, pushes me out of bed in the mornings if I am lazy because she knows I'll be grumpy if I don't. Our planned weekends away are mostly around our races and she loves rocks and flowing singletrack as much as I do.....humbled