Fastest Argus time on Mtb

Trek_Fan

There is gonna be a group of us doing it next year on DH bikes with full knobbies and no locked out suspension. And full dh gear! Full face helmet, goggles, the works to get some publicity for dh in the western cape. What is the cut off time ?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is gonna be a group of us doing it next year on DH bikes with full knobbies and no locked out suspension. And full dh gear! Full face helmet, goggles, the works to get some publicity for dh in the western cape. What is the cut off time ?

7hours.don't forget the two little rises near the end.

the borat revolution will be there with their bmxs and mankinis. they're looking into chicks with bodypaint but i think it should be pam mellas all the way to stay in the theme.

2011-2.55 on 26er HT with Maxxis Crossmark 2.1 and 44 front chainring

2012-2.58 on 29er FS with Geax/Schwalbe 2.1 mix and 38 front chainring

I suppose one can draw ones own conclusions from this comparisson, but I think the gearing is key?

2013 will be 29er HT.

I feel to qualify for a MTB time, the bike you ride should be able to be raced in any MTB race at the time of riding the Argus.

I suppose one can draw ones own conclusions from this comparisson, but I think the gearing is key?

2013 will be 29er HT.

I feel to qualify for a MTB time, the bike you ride should be able to be raced in any MTB race at the time of riding the Argus.

NB/PS-This includes Boyes Drive, which on average adds on 8-10 mins I suppose, next year will be quicker when it's taken out again.

NB/PS-This includes Boyes Drive, which on average adds on 8-10 mins I suppose, next year will be quicker when it's taken out again.

It is also in VB, so to qualify for this challenge you also need to be over 40,LOL!

:lol: the 29naaainer is slower!!