Your Fat percentage / Weight and Height

Drinks@Brawn

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news chaps - I lost 2kg this past week.....................I was circumcised on Monday.

Awesome, I know the feeling , I lost 5 kg's after mine.

I remember all of them. Frank Zane was very well built, not too big, was probably the only one who didn't attempt to look like a monster. Platz was at New Dimensions in Krugersdrorp years ago, he did squats until he almost passed out, and they had Oxygen handy to keep him from passing out. Those legs were HUGE. I 'inhereted' old Ironman (not triathlon) magazines , and Flex , and Muscle and Fitness from my uncle. Local guys, remember Reg Park? My uncle knew him and got all his programs from him. Got to a stage where he was too big for the biggest suits.

Yeah, sure I remember Reg Park, I met him a few times, a nice fella, his son Jon-jon was also a nice guy, but I heard he (Jon-Jon) lives in the USA now.?

Reg actually bought Arnold out for the show, they were great buddies for years, another great SA body builder was Kevin McNamara, he had a gym in Pretoria at one stage, really hard core.

Man, I have dozens and dozens of Muscle and fitness magazines, Iron Man, Muscle mag and a few others from as far back as the late 70's up to the mid 90's - I said I was keen on the sport :) - every now and then my wife wants to toss them out, but I refuse, I keep em packed in a sealed box with mothballs, if I want to page through one, I carefully open the box, take one out, read it, put it back and reseal the box :D - Crazy I know, but it was an era I enjoyed.

Yeah, Frank Zane was super, remember Rachel Mcliesh, damn, she was gorgeous, or Tonya Knight, oh man, gotta stop it now, but they had superb physiques, not the hard chiseled look the woman have today which I find really unappealling.

Mr. Legs

http://images6.cpcache.com/product/sports-platz-health/225853456v15_225x225_Front.jpg

http://www.hulsestrength.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/tom-platz.jpg

WTF is that :blink:

Yeah, sure I remember Reg Park, I met him a few times, a nice fella, his son Jon-jon was also a nice guy, but I heard he lives in the USA now.?

Reg actually bought Arnold out for the show, they were great buddies for years, another great SA body builder was Kevin McNamara, he had a gym in Pretoria at one stage, really hard core.

Man, I have dozens and dozens of Muscle and fitness magazines, Iron Man, Muscle mag and a few others from as far back as the late 70's up to the mid 90's - I said I was keen on the sport :) - every now and then my wife wants to toss them out, but I refuse, I keep em packed in a sealed box with mothballs, if I want to page through one, I carefully open the box, take one out, read it, put it back and reseal the box :D - Crazy I know, but it was an era I enjoyed.

Yeah, Frank Zane was super, remember Rachel Mcliesh, damn, she was gorgeous, or Tonya Knight, oh man, gotta stop it now, but they had superb physiques, not the hard chiseled look the woman have today which I find really unappealling.

I threw mine away a couple of years ago... actually not impressed now with that.

Ya, the girls of those days still looked like girls. More athletic, you forgot Gladys Portuguese...

I remember having an Ironman magazine from mid 70's , with an article "How to get big and strong" - having the program based on the big muscles, you go heavy, low reps... Squats, Power cleans, Bench and military presses, rows and deadlifts. Used that a lot, was never a machine person.

Tom Platz

Yeah, awesome hey. I doubt he ever got down to 2% body fat either, he was the Jan Ullrich of the body building world, so much potential but not quite the dedication to pull it off.

Yeah, awesome hey. I doubt he ever got down to 2% body fat either, he was the Jan Ullrich of the body building world, so much potential but not quite the dedication to pull it off.

That is an awesome analogy, I used to sit and stare at pictures of Platz , those legs were an inspiration to me.

I have a very scientific yet easy way to measure body fat

Step 1: Take off your shirt

Step 2: slap the side of your Stomach

Step 3: Observe the movement of your stomach and compare the results to the chart below.

Results chart:

The Belly does not move, red hand print visible - Low Body Fat

The belly moves a little, but returns to shap within a second - Average Body Fat

The belly moves a lot, followed by a series of small after-shock movements - High Body Fat

The hand gets absorbed by the belly, the belly continues into wave like movements, which will extend to the moobs area of the torso - Frikkin high Body Fat

PS: This only works for men, ladies have further complications with the movements of certain body parts when the tummy is slapped which make the results unaccurate

I have a very scientific yet easy way to measure body fat

Step 1: Take off your shirt

Step 2: slap the side of your Stomach

Step 3: Observe the movement of your stomach and compare the results to the chart below.

Results chart:

The Belly does not move, red hand print visible - Low Body Fat

The belly moves a little, but returns to shap within a second - Average Body Fat

The belly moves a lot, followed by a series of small after-shock movements - High Body Fat

The hand gets absorbed by the belly, the belly continues into wave like movements, which will extend to the moobs area of the torso - Frikkin high Body Fat

PS: This only works for men, ladies have further complications with the movements of certain body parts when the tummy is slapped which make the results unaccurate

Ellis

Awesome one dude, that was piss funny.

I remember Arnie and Franco Columbo (?) putting on a show in Cape Town in the early 70's. Franco was really ripped and very very strong - he outperformed Arnie by a long way in a bench press exhibition!!

Im not into bodybuilding but have huge respect for the dedication that goes into it. So much so that im going to go watch the muscle evolution grand prix in CT on the 17th of October after the PPA one tonner. Cant wait!

2% is so unhealthy. I'll slap you with a newspaper are you'll have organ damage. I'm not saying it's impossible to go there, but daaammmnnn that's low.

Here's an indication of body fat: My link

Remember how rasmussen looked?

post-7040-050927800 1284794833.jpg