Your Fat percentage / Weight and Height

Drinks@Brawn

Wow 2% I don't think that is to healthy, dietitian had a go at me for being on 9% she says 11% is good

For the 2% thats borderline death my friend, 3% is heart fat, I know guys who have dropped dead from this beware. As for the dietician, +-8% is prime for racing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It just depends how you do the measurement. We measured it at university. If you do bioimpedance it is usually a bit lower because of the error due to people having a full bladder or having eaten anything in like the previous 2 hours. We also did fold thickness and I ended up being about 6%.

Wow 2% I don't think that is to healthy, dietitian had a go at me for being on 9% she says 11% is good

2% impossible. You sure it's not 20% <_< . How do you guys get down to single digit % body fat.

How do you measure your body fat?

We have one of those Health measure machines at the gym that measures blood pressure and Body fat %, BMI and and and, but I'm not convinced it's accurate at all.

According to that thing my BMI is 24.4 (which is apparently very close to overweight) and my body fat % is 11.6% (which is well into the endurance athlete zone). I weigh 81.8kg and 1.8m tall.

According to that fantastic new cycling magazine, discussed in full on another thread, BMI and body fat percentage are the same thing. The pros start the Tour with a BMI of 5...

According to that fantastic new cycling magazine, discussed in full on another thread, BMI and body fat percentage are the same thing. The pros start the Tour with a BMI of 5...

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

If not, then here is real answer (From Wikipedia):

The body mass index (BMI), or Quetelet index, is a heuristic measure of body weight based on a person's weight and height. Though it does not actually measure the percentage of body fat, it is used to estimate a healthy body weight based on a person's height.

Oh yes - I'm a healthy 14%.

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

If not, then here is real answer (From Wikipedia):

The body mass index (BMI), or Quetelet index, is a heuristic measure of body weight based on a person's weight and height. Though it does not actually measure the percentage of body fat, it is used to estimate a healthy body weight based on a person's height.

Oh yes - I'm a healthy 14%.

I am just quoting them, don't shoot the messenger!

I think possibly that the author of that little snippet should have used, as a clue, that Body Fat Percentage has different initials to BMI. BEven Wikipedia gets it right.

[Yes, I was being sarcastic.]

:rolleyes:

im a SA junior rower :P

17 years old

197cm

95kg but wanna get up to 100.

8%

Can't we swop there monty..... I am 1.95 and weigh 100 (don't know body fat percentage)- wanna get down to 85 - 90 but it's just so difficult!

I am just quoting them, don't shoot the messenger!

I think possibly that the author of that little snippet should have used, as a clue, that Body Fat Percentage has different initials to BMI. BEven Wikipedia gets it right.

[Yes, I was being sarcastic.]

:rolleyes:

Eeek - that's rather embarrassing. Got to love lazy journalists.

Anyway - what's the fixation with body fat %, surely there are more important numbers like power at LT etc. Endurance riders will tend to have more fat than sprint athletes - it's our source of energy.

Eeek - that's rather embarrassing. Got to love lazy journalists.

Anyway - what's the fixation with body fat %, surely there are more important numbers like power at LT etc. Endurance riders will tend to have more fat than sprint athletes - it's our source of energy.

Velouria

Now I am going to flame you.

Endurance riders will tend to have more Fat???

You give me Any distance, bring it on.

I will have my normal Drink on the bike and thats IT.

No extras for me. I am not shy to put down the Hammer.

When you do see me, you will agree, I am very Lean. I am still cutting every day.

1.64m tall - 58kgs - Body fat is sitting at a nice 5.8% current,ly :)

Bro with specs like these you dont need a sub 6kg bike :)

For the 2% thats borderline death my friend, 3% is heart fat, I know guys who have dropped dead from this beware. As for the dietician, +-8% is prime for racing

Mark, I also have residual muscle from lots of weight training in my late teens and early twenties. It took me years to put the weight on back then. Now I just want to get rid of it. x_x It's 15 years down the line but the muscle memory seems to last forever. How did you do it?