The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

Id say this radness is applicable here - even if they are some lighties from New Zealand

Freaking awesome - imagine what a pounding those bikes take!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Ty's cub/Scout pack had a relay ride to raise cash for the hall.

I took just a few pics, but here's the one that I really thought was cool.

The kid painted it himself, I thought it was the coolest bike I have seen in a long time. Back peddle break only, the kids got style...

White wall tyres - right on :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

Quick question:

Where did you guys find a helmet for the little one? This weekend me and my little dude went searching but all of them are way too big for him and I think it will only be a nuisance to him. He is now 7months old and can sit up on his own so as soon as we can get a helmet we can go for our first ride. Sooooper exited!

Anyone know if I can get one of these locally? - Giant halfwheeler

Saw a guy at the cradle with one yesterday.

post-8350-0-27357500-1408352711_thumb.jpg

Just a note of caution: Never let him wear a Batman outfit when riding that! I once came across a father riding around Cape Point with the little one ballooning his cape like a spinnaker against the southeaster. The poor guy couldn't understand why he was struggling so badly. :D

Quick question:

Where did you guys find a helmet for the little one? This weekend me and my little dude went searching but all of them are way too big for him and I think it will only be a nuisance to him. He is now 7months old and can sit up on his own so as soon as we can get a helmet we can go for our first ride. Sooooper exited!

Specialized make really nice ones for the kids. Have a look here http://www.specialized.com/za/en/ftr/helmets/youth-helmets/small-fry-toddler They have for the toddlers as well as the slightly older kids. Not sure of the shops in the North, but try any Specialized dealer.

Thanks for the info Ratty. I live close to Lynnwood Cyclery so I will pop in tonight after work. Thumbs up!

Cajees in Alberton had one in stock a few weeks ago.

I bought one off a dude here on the HUB.... What a frikken winner. My son now comes on rides with us all the time and it really helped his balance. When i took his training wheels off of his bike I expected a few weeks worth of practice before he was riding on his own. First try without the fairy wheels and he was up and away...

Actually wanna get another one now for my daughter to ride behind mummy too. Good luck mate.

My 19 month old did a 1km ride on her scooter on Sunday. I'm a chuffed dad. She held up traffic, made illegal turns, didn't stop at the stop street. quite a spectacle. She even did a tumble on a downhill while laughing. I got a cyclist in the making, and one nervous mommy on the side.

WiIll post pics of her next ride.

Btw, I need to get her a bigger scooter now. Any recommendations? A normal big boy scooter or a y-bike? Next year I want to get her onto a balance bike so this will have to lead to that.

My 19 month old did a 1km ride on her scooter on Sunday. I'm a chuffed dad. She held up traffic, made illegal turns, didn't stop at the stop street. quite a spectacle. She even did a tumble on a downhill while laughing. I got a cyclist in the making, and one nervous mommy on the side.

WiIll post pics of her next ride.

Btw, I need to get her a bigger scooter now. Any recommendations? A normal big boy scooter or a y-bike? Next year I want to get her onto a balance bike so this will have to lead to that.

I bought a balance bike for mine when she turned 2. She still loves riding her scooter, but she is slowly starting to experience the balance bike, it is currently a walking exercise with the bike, but I think once she is a bit taller it will become a riding exercise.