The official Riding with Kids thread

TYGA

Here he is a couple of months back....the scoot bike is his most loved and prized posession (after his tonka toy digger loader of course....), I sometimes cringe when i see how fast he shunts on it.

post-3611-0-74937200-1355821827_thumb.jpg

Hi XTC

Which scoot bike it that?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the little one, this has to be the best part of cycling for me so far.

Seat is mounted on my first ill fitting cheap Specialized, but I have so much fun with her.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o173/Kangawolf/92C3346A-65C1-4FFA-B315-AA97A381DB29-295-0000009D7E65F368.jpg

Edited by Kanga

• 6 months later...

New idea for carting my daughter around.

So i carry my daughter in the carrier and my son on the giant half wheeler.

That should build strong legs....

Got one of these too... My daughter loves the hikes in the Cascades forests.

post-5664-0-78648100-1373633943_thumb.jpgHi

Hubbers

These are my two 7 year old off to do the kids ride at mabalingwe last year

whil i did the marathon. They loved every minute of it . Cant wait till they will

be able to ride the longer distance with me and leave old dad behind.

cheers

Just found a use for the old Scott scale 40 I've been given with the devils own changers. SLX dual changers, push the brake levers up and down to change gear. Brilliant when braking under pressure, change everything in one go... front, back, everything.

Rondebosh common tomorrow, Tokai sunday with the dogs and the mrs once I've proved I can come back with the little girl without crashing, being run over, eaten, or struck by lightening.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/images/product/1013084_1198860.jpg

Just found a use for the old Scott scale 40 I've been given with the devils own changers. SLX dual changers, push the brake levers up and down to change gear. Brilliant when braking under pressure, change everything in one go... front, back, everything.

Rondebosh common tomorrow, Tokai sunday with the dogs and the mrs once I've proved I can come back with the little girl without crashing, being run over, eaten, or struck by lightening.

Glad that this doesn't fit my dual sus' ;)

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/images/product/1013084_1198860.jpg

Here's a great example of what kids are capable of nowadays.

Our youngest, aged 4, tags along on the family rides on his half wheeler if the rides are longer than 1 hour and has climbing involved.

Our eldest, aged 7, is ready to tackle anything that comes his way with his 7 speed.

• 1 month later...

This thread is awesome,

Since it now applies to me I'm looking at it with grand schemes and plans. I've consulted my dutch cousins and they laughed when asked if the 8month old can go on a bike yet.

NOW, I don't see much talk on bike trailers. It's all sit ons or half wheelers...anyone using a trailer regularly? looks like riksha is the local one, there's the fancy full sus one and the usual sportsmans wharehouse giant/avalanche versions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bridge SA

Young talent in the making at the Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek 2012 :

What do you think? Next world Champion?