Sad News - Mark Stockton

mojopup

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark my friend, words cannot describe how I feel after hearing the news of your untimely passing. RIP Mark!

My sincerest condolences to Mark's wife Ilma & children. My thoughts & Prayers are with you all at this difficult time.

Shaun Hannie

Was Mark riding breedt's on saturday morning? I think I may have met him on the top. Can't be sure but the photos look familiar.

Only knew him from his posts here, seemed a cheerful person, which is a rare commodity these days. Thoughts and regards to his family.

R.I.P Mark, rode with him a few times and he always came across as happy and cheerful. I recall one night ride at Rietvlei where he took tumble and cut himself quite bad but instead of heading straight back he insisted on finishing the ride first.

Condolences to his family.

Remember that ride well Derry. In fact Mark received quite a few stitches on that knee!! WOW still cant believe it!!!!!sad.gif

Was Mark riding breedt's on saturday morning? I think I may have met him on the top. Can't be sure but the photos look familiar.

That was indeed him. I believe he was riding with Di. He was using it as base training for Sabie and Sani.

That was indeed him. I believe he was riding with Di. He was using it as base training for Sabie and Sani.

Oh my god. I had a good 10 minute chat with him while waiting for my mate at the summit. He came over to chat while I was sitting on a rock. We were talking bikes. He confessed to being a SRAM man and was telling me about a new build he had planned. Seemed a great guy. Rest in peace Mark, it was nice to have met you.

I never knew or met Mark and from everyones comments i'm poorer for it. I can only convey condolences and sympathy to all his loved ones. May his early passing remind us all that every day is a gift and we can all take a leaf out of his book. Live, laugh, love. Cheers Mark, Rest in peace.

Oh my god. I had a good 10 minute chat with him while waiting for my mate at the summit. He came over to chat while I was sitting on a rock. We were talking bikes. He confessed to being a SRAM man and was telling me about a new build he had planned. Seemed a great guy. Rest in peace Mark, it was nice to have met you.

SRAM? Yup, that's the guy! :lol: He was horrified when I bought his 'Dale frame and put a Shimano gruppo, riser bar and SPD pedals instead of Egg Beaters on it! Just one topic of endless ragging between us!

SRAM? Yup, that's the guy! :lol: He was horrified when I bought his 'Dale frame and put a Shimano gruppo, riser bar and SPD pedals instead of Egg Beaters on it! Just one topic of endless ragging between us!

bwahahahaha, i remember his horror about that... he was "NOT amused"

Guest teh_runnah

And twist grips? He was totally sold on those.

Remember that ride well Derry. In fact Mark received quite a few stitches on that knee!! WOW still cant believe it!!!!!sad.gif

Fortunately there were 2 doctors riding along that night, hard to believe he wont be around anymore.