• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

Terrible news.

Condolences and Strength to his family.

I didnt ever meet him - he sounds like a great guy.

Hearing news like this about someone in our little online community is saddening.

My deepest sympathy to Ilma, Kurt & the rest of the family.

One of my fond memories of Mark was the time he was selling all the ingredients to a Asker Juekendrops concoction and I had ordered some maltodexrin from him. He walks up to me at the Northgate Crit one evening and shouts out "Hey Tony, I have your white powder" and then in front of everyone proceeds to give me 2 kg's of what suspicously could have passed for coke. We had a good giggle about that.

RIP Mark !!

Shocking news! RIP Mark. Condolences to his loved ones.

Rode with him many times, he always had some smart chirp. Have all the Windhoek Light you want now buddy.

You deserve it!

I saw this news just now on Barry's fb. i can't even remember when i first met Mark and Kurt - seems like forever ago. I know that he has always been there as a cycling buddy and "encourager" since we've been friends. He's helped me with motivation since getting back on the bike and talked me through the "tough times" of overcomming my fear of crashing again.

He has brought his kids up to be really good examples and just the other day i poitned out to him that he shouldn't be surprised getting compliments about Kurt's behaviour because in all the time i've known them it's what is to be expected of Kurt - it is just how he's been brought up. Good example and all.

RIP Mark, you were a great ride buddy and you will be missed.

Damn. RIP Mark. Tumble That pic of him at the 24 hour is how I remember him from the brief intro that I got from you. Condolences to the family.