Sad News - Mark Stockton

mojopup

Remember racing with Kurt at Babbas Lodge, after the race we all had a good time sitting chatting and drinking a few cold one's. My beer ran out and Mark gave me his LAST windhoek!

Saddened but this news, RIP old friend!!!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Mark riding breedt's on saturday morning? I think I may have met him on the top. Can't be sure but the photos look familiar.

Yup, that was Mark. We were out there as part of our Sabie/Sani training.

He was a great friend and cycling buddy. He helped me train for Tour de Tuli last year, giving up as much time as he could. Then, when I was retrenched earlier this year he was a true friend and took me for a spruit ride. Thats one of my fondest memories. My other one is from Saturday - I get to the top of Breedts and he high 5s me for cycling the whole thing, then bravely decided to join me (he grumbled quite a bit) riding down the otherside and up again. He cursed me all day. He was so patient with my lack of technical skills and even invited me to be his Sani partner for next year's ride. He was a great man and will be sorely missed by all of us.

I remember the banter at the Nashua Ladies' MTB day- Mark and two other "girls" (in minis!) were stashing Windhoeks in their camelbaks for the ride- plenty laughs at that!

I didn't know him well, but I remember him as a friendly guy, full of chirps.

My sympathies to the Stockton family.

I remember the banter at the Nashua Ladies' MTB day- Mark and two other "girls" (in minis!) were stashing Windhoeks in their camelbaks for the ride- plenty laughs at that!

I didn't know him well, but I remember him as a friendly guy, full of chirps.

My sympathies to the Stockton family.

Are you referring to these ugly sisters? I know who they are… ;) That's was one real fun day!

post-1604-029642400 1285750149.jpg

Are you referring to these ugly sisters? I know who they are… ;) That's was one real fun day!

Yip! That would be them, real eye candy! :lol:

Later on we were both singing the praises of our "twisties" (aka grip shifts) and trying to coerce others into changing too- good times!

WOW such shocking news, was so upset when i received the sms from Zaskar this morning.

To Kurt and the rest of the Stockton family, my sincerest condolences, if there is anything we can do ......

Mark, You will be greatly missed, esp at the crit on Tuesdays!!!!

R.I.P Mark!!!!! :(

Wow - life is random - I guess the lesson is to never take it for granted.

Absolutely, Very sad news this morning. Feels surreal, spoke to him after Cradle Quest and he was on top of the world.

Only knew Mark on The Hub. He will be sorely missed around here. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Mark.

RIP Mark

Never had the honour of meeting you ,you sound like one hell of a great guy.

Wishing his family strength in this difficult time.

Am off for the day. Going to find a pub and toast Mark. If anyone has the same idea, please don't drink any "SAB crap", as Mark would've said!