Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

Thanks man, it is a large frame and i am 182/183cm, the frame is rather roomy, i could have gone medium.

I imported a Soma Steel MTB fork (made by tange) aaaages ago, it's been powdercoated from its original glossy black, unfortunately this resulted in the loss of the rad logo.

Based on your pic of the bike, are you in the Table View area?

I ask as I am potentially interested in the same frame, but would like to get a feel for sizing ......... and well I stay in the Table View area :P

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

post-35732-0-03749000-1523893358_thumb.jpgOne year on and my SS needed an upgrade. So added - Rockshox Reba 100mm, Marvel Carbon Wheelset with Hope pro4 Hubs, Schwalbe tyres. Doing Joberg2C in this configuration. Bike comes in at 9kg with pedals and bottle cages. Absolutely loving the bike. It is a CS-057.

• 1 month later...

Sadly my Lynskey Pro 29 frame has reached the end of its life. It may now become a wall decoration in my bike room.

It started cracking on the joint between the seat and top tubes (on both sides) last July. I had it welded twice but on Saturday I noticed that it had cracked through the welds again and around the back of the seat tube.

I can't justify the cost of a new Lynskey frame so I am looking at other options.

Sadly my Lynskey Pro 29 frame has reached the end of its life. It may now become a wall decoration in my bike room.

It started cracking on the joint between the seat and top tubes (on both sides) last July. I had it welded twice but on Saturday I noticed that it had cracked through the welds again and around the back of the seat tube.

I can't justify the cost of a new Lynskey frame so I am looking at other options.

Those Momsen STR frames look great and are well priced!

Those Momsen STR frames look great and are well priced!

My exact thought. I saw one yesterday during the JUMA tour of the storm water systems and called Momsen this morning. 

Their medium frame has almost the same dimensions as my Lynskey medium frame.

cool Hairy, 

you are welcome to take it for a spin.

I will Pm you my deets and we can meet up sometime.

sorry I never got to take you up on the offer, but got another frame that I could use all my parts on.

I ordered one last night.

awesome ... which colour?

My exact thought. I saw one yesterday during the JUMA tour of the storm water systems and called Momsen this morning. 

A white one? Was most likely me :thumbup:

PS. The Momsen is an awesome bike and most likely best bang for your buck. Wish you many happy miles!

A white one? Was most likely me :thumbup:

PS. The Momsen is an awesome bike and most likely best bang for your buck. Wish you many happy miles!

Was a green one so not you unless you had taken a dip in the storm water drains.