Post your mtb SS

_Daemon_

I still own and love my Singular Swift. It is the best bike that I own. It is my dedicated Friday coffee ride bike but every now and then we go exploring and those are always my best rides. The Garmin stays at home and you ride for the fun of it.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Before (Merida ALU dime a dozen frame) and after (Jamis Dragon steel frame)

As always hit a snag or 2 but will get those sorted at my son's bike shop in the morning. Just need the brakes bleed, they were from another bike, struggling to remove the pedals from the old crank, decided to use a different one I had02bd09bf7f2c31e0784ea6eacc066166.jpg4c1b698c606a70f2703058d3e240468b.jpg

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Not sure why it didn't post the second picture but anyway here it is ....438009fb1d95a66dcb95899cb93274b7.jpg

Nice!! I saw this frame in the classifieds, clad it got an awesome home!!!

Nice!! I saw this frame in the classifieds, clad it got an awesome home!!!

Pounced on it like a kite on a chick mate [emoji41]

Sorting the hanger issue took the bike mechanic all of 20mins with a heatgun and one of those alignment tools. Wasn't going to use it but it was badly enough bent to interfere with the wheel

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Not sure why it didn't post the second picture but anyway here it is ....438009fb1d95a66dcb95899cb93274b7.jpg

looks flipping awesome....and red bikes are faster, always!

Pounced on it like a kite on a chick mate [emoji41]

Sorting the hanger issue took the bike mechanic all of 20mins with a heatgun and one of those alignment tools. Wasn't going to use it but it was badly enough bent to interfere with the wheel

Haha we almost had a cat fight!!! Luckily for you I have reached my N+1 limit :wacko: . Wish you many happy miles!!!

Haha we almost had a cat fight!!! Luckily for you I have reached my N+1 limit :wacko: . Wish you many happy miles!!!

Shoo, thankfully we didn't [emoji50]

I have long gone surpassed my N+1 limit but these days I generally replace existing frames or do other upgrades and don't build 'more' bikes

Just as an aside, I'm not happy with the seat, grips or bottle cage. Somehow they just don't look right ... Have to go get the brakes bled this morning so I'll see what they have 'lying' around [emoji16]

Very nice! Is that a half link chain or how did you get the tension perfect like that?

I like the touch of the red/black valve caps on opposite ends of the frame colour scheme

Many happy miles :thumbup:

Very nice! Is that a half link chain or how did you get the tension perfect like that?

I like the touch of the red/black valve caps on opposite ends of the frame colour scheme

Many happy miles [emoji106]

Yes it is a half link but trust me just a few rides and it's slack again [emoji36] but I like that look so I persevere and just play with gear ratios and stuff

Yes it is a half link but trust me just a few rides and it's slack again [emoji36] but I like that look so I persevere and just play with gear ratios and stuff

Get a BB adapter to take a bottom roller guide and then you can tension the chain using this. The benefit is a smooth and near friction-less tension on the chain, really easy rear wheel removal and a rather un-obtrusive solution to tensioning a chain for a non SS specific frame.

Had my one one running like this, and it is honestly a great system.

post-5403-0-08256500-1511941968_thumb.jpg

post-5403-0-42141400-1511942014_thumb.jpg

Get a BB adapter to take a bottom roller guide and then you can tension the chain using this. The benefit is a smooth and near friction-less tension on the chain, really easy rear wheel removal and a rather un-obtrusive solution to tensioning a chain for a non SS specific frame.

Now that I could live with, will ask my son! Thanks mate

Now that I could live with, will ask my son! Thanks mate

It also means if that hanger of yours does snap, you can still ride her like she is stolen!

Last one cause now it's rideable [emoji3]

Brakes bled, wasn't 100% happy with how tight that chain was (33*18) so after much fiddling settled on 32*16. Looks good and has a teeny bit of slack. The ratio is pretty close anyway. That should do it for a week or 2 [emoji849]

Changed the seat and grips for black ones and a NOT carbon bottle cage (somehow didn't seem appropriate). The rotors didn't match ( one CL and the other 6 bolt) so got an adapter and fitted matching ones.

Mostly cosmetic stuff and I guess many rules broken but hey being retired I have the time, resources and inclination to muck with this stuff [emoji41]

Test ride this afternoon IF it doesn't rain!a6f2d087eeee6ddab116e84f39359232.jpg

And you get better chain wrap at the cogs.