Nick Bester attacked and robbed

Sammajoor

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really bad news. Maybe just maybe the police will start to take bike jackings a bit more serious? :angry:

Crazy , glad he's ok. Seems this was premeditated and they were watching him. Perhaps now with a more prominent person as a victim more emphasis will be placed on bike jacking

Crazy , glad he's ok. Seems this was premeditated and they were watching him. Perhaps now with a more prominent person as a victim more emphasis will be placed on bike jacking

It won't happen, they'll just say there's no such thing. Kinda like AIDS.

It won't happen, they'll just say there's no such thing. Kinda like AIDS.

Speaking from experience about our local cops, the moment you mention a bicycle was stolen they relegate down the priority list.

Edited by scotty

when they stole my car the other day and I recovered it myself they told me.....they would rather concentrate on rape/murder/missing people cases first than theft.....so WTF? Crime is crime...so I told him they can shove their tax money up their asses cause their service is PATHETIC....all the guy did was....ehhh...eish....eeeeh...Sommer wanted to slap the cop!

Yeah, I knew Nick fairly well when I was still running competitively, he is a tough cookie so I can only imagine this was a violent attack with intent to injure or even kill.

I "RIDE ARMED" - and thats it,have been doing so for quite a while too - I know how to use a firearm and I will shoot to kill if I am attacked, my bike and mobile phone mean squat to me, my life and health mean everything and no scum bag is going to take that without a serious fight.

Comment from Nick - “Ek voel ek wil nou in gevaarlike bosse gaan ry met wapens. Ek wil hulle uitlok sodat ons op dieselfde voet kan wees. Van nou af sal ’n mens net in groepe en met wapens moet ry, want wat anders kan jy doen?”

From twitter-@AndrewMclean

Some good news: the police have caught one of the criminals who attacked Nick Bester, well done SA Police!

Comment from Nick - “Ek voel ek wil nou in gevaarlike bosse gaan ry met wapens. Ek wil hulle uitlok sodat ons op dieselfde voet kan wees. Van nou af sal ’n mens net in groepe en met wapens moet ry, want wat anders kan jy doen?”

This story sickens me and sadly Nick's response is where many of us are forced to venture towards.

Sick , sick story.

Its sad that more and more of us are riding with weapons, at this rate in future its going to the same as buying a high performance car and trying to ensure it................

One of the questions on the insurance aplication" Have you attended any form of anti bikejacking or similiar training,.......aditiinal information will be copy of your firearm competancy certificate :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry, but riding with a gun does not make you safe, it only makes you MORE of a target. Read Nick's own words:

“Die een het ’n mes teen my keel gedruk en vuurwapens en geld gevra. Ek het gesê ek ry nie daarmee nie.”

Sorry, but riding with a gun does not make you safe, it only makes you MORE of a target. Read Nick's own words:

“Die een het ’n mes teen my keel gedruk en vuurwapens en geld gevra. Ek het gesê ek ry nie daarmee nie.”

Yes but at least you have a chance to expdite justice.

<_<

Reading this I wonder if its worth the risk of taking my bike with on holiday next month, hell maybe i should go somewhere safe like the seychelles instead?

Fargin hell cry for my beloved country...

Yip! Move to CT! Begged a guy the other day after my training ride to steal my bike. He refused and was back on his way to church :P

But on a more serious note, this really is a big problem especially up country. Dont really know what one can do. Police cant be everywhere and cyclist cant really carry guns on their rides. Even if we could, who would want to anyway. Hope there can be a solution here.......

I do not want to promote any institution or person, but look at this: http://amok.co.za/services.html Some people call a knife or stick attack a "golden moment"

I did a knife fighting course many years back when i was still collecting knives and i would sugest this any day rather than carring a gun.I still carry a knife with me all the time.

I know a few guys in PE that ride with Spyderco knives.