Bicycling Mag - Pull your socks up!

Eldron

Why not buy a book? Just putting it out there

Or an iPad or Kindle - you can get books and mags on the iPad!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Traditional Media and Print is dead, online rules.

Bicycling magazine is a load of absolute crap. When i saw the repeated DIY stand article i threw the mag away. i would not even donate it to the waiting room table at the local Vet.

Seriously media guys...... wake up and smell the coffee, Online is the future,when i look for info it's on the web, i know i will find it and get the right information and some personal opinion and reviews instantly.

Traditional Media and Print is dead, online rules.

Bicycling magazine is a load of absolute crap. When i saw the repeated DIY stand article i threw the mag away. i would not even donate it to the waiting room table at the local Vet.

Seriously media guys...... wake up and smell the coffee, Online is the future,when i look for info it's on the web, i know i will find it and get the right information and some personal opinion and reviews instantly.

+1

Magazines suck

I receive the mag as part of my Sweat Safe subscription. If I had to buy it,..well to be honest I wouldn't!

That reprinting of articles is BS! The Mag is typical American BS! Its not about the passion for cycling, its about fashion and bling(which is for girls) and very little about riding! And as someone said before...they localise the Articles from the States. And , they're giving us winter tips ... NOW!!! Uhm, its summer in SA!

Ek sukkel om te verstaan hoekom almal oor die tydskrif kla en dit dan nog steeds koop. Daar was 'n soortgelyke klagte omtrent 'n jaar gelede op die wielnaaf oor "Bicycling". Praat met jou beursie. Stop om dit te koop as dit jou pla. Ek het 2 jaar gelede laas ene gekoop.

I mentioned in another Bicycling thread that I saw a letter in a US edition replicated word for word in a SA edition several months later...the only change was to the alleged author that was given a local "van der merwe" type flavour!

Every time the magazine is out I buy it because I hope their will be something new and interesting, I will now page through it at CNA, done saved R30

Haven't read it in a while, but they missed the boat when they stopped cut and pasting the US style guy-he was the bomb.

I see on their site they have a R100k 'win your dream bike' competition. Not crystal clear how it actually works,but their buyer's guide pricing seems to be the criteria.

Its been extended 'due to popular demand..ja try the next one.

It's sms only entry charged at 'standard rates',is that 65c or R3.50+ for a short code? Doesn't say if subscribers are automatically entered either, so probably not.

Two words - boring and predictable (Ok so technically that’s three)

MBUK Mountain Bike UK is the bench mark though as far as mountain bike mags go.

The down side for us saffers is the price since it has to be imported.

Surely we can produce the equivalent or better mag here ...... perhaps Tread is getting there...

I want to know how do they get from the cover price of £4 to R110 locally?

It is still worth it. Id you don't buy any of the local mags you can buy one MBUK and actually read it for weeks. I just love their free gifts aswell. Okay not this months wallet but the canvas belt from two months ago was great.

Bicycling used to be good when the editors had their hearts in it: Sean Badenhorst and Tim Brink. We used to see them on bikes and ride with them. They've now moved on to Tread and that one's on the up while Bicycling is plummeting (I stopped my subscription last year).

For a general cycling mag, Ride is the leader by far. Adele Tait is an enthusiastic and involved member of the cycling community. Just what is required for a good editor...

The Australian MTBing magazine is awsome :thumbup: Well written and good articles, if you can find it get.

I want to know how do they get from the cover price of £4 to R110 locally?

It is still worth it. Id you don't buy any of the local mags you can buy one MBUK and actually read it for weeks. I just love their free gifts aswell. Okay not this months wallet but the canvas belt from two months ago was great.

It really is taking the piss, I can understand why the mark-ups are so much. Its the same for all the international magazines. Just cant afford to buy them any more