Swift01

Definition of the words "Brand New"  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Definition of the words "Brand New" when you buy something on the Hub

• Does it mean Brand New, never been used still in the box
    • Does it mean Brand New, came off a brand new bike BUT never been used
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 5km
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it for 100km
    • Does it mean Brand New, I have used it scratched it, worn the one part out but it's ok to sell it as Brand New?

It's not the point one could buy other discs but his post said with rotors and showed magura rotors and they were brand new. I would never have bid for 2nd hand parts because that's not what I was looking for. Now I must fork out more money which makes the deal a bad deal

I agree, brand new would be fresh out of the box (or in it!), or stripped of a new bike and NOT used at all.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brand-New > Still in box, wrapped.

New > Took it out and not used.

Tested > Tried it for a 1-2 rides and no-go.

2nd Hand > Used beyond testing parameters.

Used / Old - I need a new version and want to let go of this current one.

damn swift: u got shafted, and he spat in your face to boot. I'm very tempted to say name & shame just cos his shitfaced attitude. wow, the gumption.

nonetheless, that's used, aka NOT brand new. I agree with the other poster who declared False Advertising.

btw: nice photos swift: that should be the standard for goods advertised for sale. Swift: if you'd seen those photos prior to the sale, would you still have bought it? Honest answer now ;)

I smell a roach in this deal.....and he should do the right thing as that's far from new.Maybe they have not been on the the bike long but the condition isn't new.

Okay, what if the bike was used outside the shop for a test ride in the parking lot. Parts are exposed to dust and dirt. Is it still brand new?

The one Rotor is shot, the amount of dirt does not explain one ride and the scratches would mean they are a very very bad rider :-)

Gummibear I think your right :-)

Let's give the person one last chance. Oh and if you go back to his one photo he was clever and knew he was selling 2nd hand parts. Put the one good rottor on top of the bad one, turned the scratched caliper to show the good side and also the scratched lever. Looks like it was a sign of a person that knew how to scam. Should they enter the "scammers" section. Me thinks so

So we seem to all agree. Let's have people thoughts on my next move...... I have a few some mild some hot.

Brand-New > Still in box, wrapped.

New > Took it out and not used.

Tested > Tried it for a 1-2 rides and no-go.

2nd Hand > Used beyond testing parameters.

Used / Old - I need a new version and want to let go of this current one.

+1

dirt-rider I should hope that any slick in your garage is still brand new :-)

Very Valid point but if he had used the terms "as good as new" I would no doubt have never even made a bid for the parts. I was sold the parts under the "Brand New, Taken off a Brand New bike". I even asked several questions when talking to the person on the phone and I was assured they were taken off a "Brand New" bike. The one part has to be thrown away which means I have to spend R400 in order to be able to use the parts. I have bought lots of parts taken off new bikes and they are as good as "Brand New"

Money is not really the problem, but the GF wasb looking for New parts not 2nd hand. The Hub as far as I know works on a "Honest Policy" which is how I work when selling on the Hub.

On the Up side My own bike is styling after buying quite a few "Brand New" parts recently so at least I can hit the trails while the GF sits by the car due to lack of parts ready to hand me an ICE COLD beer as I finish :clap:

Maybe the guy is a Cock Roach

Name the guy - and not just his Hub username. This guy is dishonest and will sell his second hand rubbish "brand new" to others as well.

Especially the ones that come from Durban ;)

The photo in the original add does look very new. And I see the words "Brand new" in the add. You got shafted. Without doubt a scammer ...

Original for sale photo attached below so others can see how you were tricked...

post-2863-0-33748000-1291797957.jpg

And for the record I have asked him for a part refund so it can go towards a new rotor or a full refund and I will ship the parts back to him. That was the response I got.

Like I have also said the GF only wanted new parts. She is so disappointed and will never buy a thing from the hub again and this was her first buy. From now on she said she would rather pay more at an LBS. Very sad indeed

So you basically wanted a 300 ZAR discount to replace the rotor...and would keep the stuff(no naming and shaming). Is his reputation worth less than that...amazing. Would love to hear his side