How far do you commute ?

ngala24

How is the Gauteng heat wave affecting your commutes?

I just can't muster the energy to get on the bike in this weather :(

My commute starts at 6h00 and 16h30 so no real effect.

I think that my non functioning office airconditioning unit will be more of a factor.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it , the hotter the better , but thats just me i can live in a desert .this heat is awesome.

Love it , the hotter the better , but thats just me i can live in a desert .this heat is awesome.

I agree. This morning at 4:30 it was great!

I agree. This morning at 4:30 it was great!

4h30! , My Boy thats waayy to early for me . Im still having a party with my pillow at that time, you dedicated !

I just leave a little bit earlier and ride more of the Spruit, still nice and cool along there.

:D 76km to work and back... just far enough, takes me 1hr15 each way.

1hr15 #@$#!#!! My best so far is to break 1hr30. And then it's slow for the rest of the week! But then I've got traffic to contend with, and it can take a couple minutes to cross some of the roads which screws up best times...

PS: I need to get a road bike... Geez, I didn't say that out loud did I!? :blush:

Can't say I notice it. HATE the cold, so for me to be able to get on a bike without worrying about layers of crap to wear, I call it a good day.

Pull the zip down on yr jersey...

I did 65km from home to work this morning - Luckily the return home is only 11.5km.

(Please can I have a tail wind?)

No problem: cycled in yesterday, left a bit later to miss the heat and traffic. Nice to ride in the evenings now with all the Jacarandas doing their thing

1hr15 #@$#!#!! My best so far is to break 1hr30. And then it's slow for the rest of the week! But then I've got traffic to contend with, and it can take a couple minutes to cross some of the roads which screws up best times...

PS: I need to get a road bike... Geez, I didn't say that out loud did I!? :blush:

With a tailwind on the way home, I clock around 1hr05min ... sweet!

is that on your Pina or in the car? Somehow I think it's the latter :unsure:

I travel about the same distance in the morning - takes 50 min by bakkie, 40 min by bike with less traffic, speed and stress.

That'd give me time to ride around the block a couple of times to get extra training in... :D

Although I think I'm getting fitter, there are still guys who pass me like I've still got training wheels on - so one hopes there is room for improvement!

Although I think I'm getting fitter, there are still guys who pass me like I've still got training wheels on - so one hopes there is room for improvement!

Yeah, but you may have just reached the limit of what you can do :blink:

I do a 19km (each way) commute ±3 times a week. Takes me about 50-55min. Haven't been able to commute by bike this week. Down with a cold.

4h30! , My Boy thats waayy to early for me . Im still having a party with my pillow at that time, you dedicated !

Damn it's not easy, plus I am in panic mode anyway, so I need all the tits I can get... Somehow that sounds so wrong....