River ftw

Savanna hills ftw

Oom piets ftw

Pomphuis ftw

Revenge ftw

Railroad ftw

Church ftw

So many good sections, its like a smorgasbord of lekker riding

Sadly I don't know it like you :( I know the Church well & where the hurt is going to make me bleed from my eyes.

It's a proper MTB venue, with trails for all types, lekker flowing "easier" stuff, with some ball breaking test your Skillz areas as well.

Thanks for showing us the ropes @ VG rouxtjie ;)

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly I don't know it like you :( I know the Church well & where the hurt is going to make me bleed from my eyes.

It's a proper MTB venue, with trails for all types, lekker flowing "easier" stuff, with some ball breaking test your Skillz areas as well.

Thanks for showing us the ropes @ VG rouxtjie ;)

No probs clint....that ride we did from chicken pie is my favourite at the moment....just love it...its like a mixed bag of route 66 and the best of VG's.... :thumbup:

Concrete ftw

Daggapad ftw

River ftw

Savanna hills ftw

Oom piets ftw

Pomphuis ftw

Revenge ftw

Railroad ftw

Church ftw

So many good sections, its like a smorgasbord of lekker riding

+ Nguni (newish section near Oom piets)

+ Nguni (newish section near Oom piets)

Ja, must go try this then....bit scared of oom piets ito getting lost...there is oke with a monster bakkie on a neighbouring farm and "HyVattieKakkie"...well his bakkie says so anyway

• 3 weeks later...

hi all. longshot but has anyone been out there recently, i.e after the rains, as i'm thinking of heading out early sat morning and just wanted an idea of the condition of the trails. i was thinking concrete, river, oom piets and the church

cheers and thanks

i was there 3 weeks ago, was ok. floating bridge is gone, but the steel one further down the river is still there

mng all

went out on sat morning and most of VG is in good shape. concrete, tant miemems, oom piets, church. all a little washed away and overgrown in places but in good shape. the trails near the river, as you are coming back to VG from the church, is completely washed away and a mud bath. both the wooden and floating bridges are no longer with us

so either skip the church loop or track back along the river and get back to VG via the dirt roads. there could be other options that we have missed but thats all we found

Ja, must go try this then....bit scared of oom piets ito getting lost...there is oke with a monster bakkie on a neighbouring farm and "HyVattieKakkie"...well his bakkie says so anyway

The downhill on Nguni is awesome, it's a cattle track (hence the name?! I think) , flows like a super tube. Still not sure if this is known as Oom Piets downhill or Nguni. All I know is last time I was there Eric said "ride Nguni, new section, baie lekka"

• 3 weeks later...

So.....

I know this is my thread... but I've been so busy with work this year and been traveling a bit so I haven't had time to get to my beloved VG...

can anyone give me some feedback on what's happening?

Other than the two bridges out and mud... how are the trails doing?

Did the river trail get hit as hard as the 2010 December ( i think it was) rain and bit of flooding?.

any photos?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Regarding the day fee for VG - I'm battling to get info on the net, or even on thehub. Sorry, I am not going through all the posts on my cellphone.

Anyway, how much to ride at VG?

Thanks. Much appreciated!

Guest notmyname

Last time I was there it was R30. This was in Nov 2013.

Hi guys

Regarding the day fee for VG - I'm battling to get info on the net, or even on thehub. Sorry, I am not going through all the posts on my cellphone.

Anyway, how much to ride at VG?

Thanks. Much appreciated!

its gone up to 50 this year

Hi Guys

This may have been mentioned before, apologies if it is a repeat question. Is VG open during the week?

Hi Guys

This may have been mentioned before, apologies if it is a repeat question. Is VG open during the week?

As far as I'm aware yes, they make cheese when not building mtb tracks...I ride Tuesday and Thursday mornings and they open.