Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

Looks like we will meet 7.30 and no doubt get going 7.45 to 7.50 depending on the beer level tonight, determines how fast i move :-)

Magic, looking forward to it ! Have just finished work, so that's eaten into beer drinking time ;-) think I need to be fresh for those concrete strips though, couldn't imagine that with a dull thud going on inside !

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we will meet 7.30 and no doubt get going 7.45 to 7.50 depending on the beer level tonight, determines how fast i move :-)

see you there..or bundu bar after for a light libation

see you there..or bundu bar after for a light libation

Ok so light libation is something new us folk call it castle lites Ha Ha. Yeah come for a ride going to be a much slower but more fun that last weekend. No PR's just riding and laughs

Yeah we going again. This time i will be riding with Kerry and Duncan if your keen. Typhoon will also be there but with so much road riding lately i am expecting him to be a little scared of rocks and roots :-)

Haha twit!

Was a good peddle around, pity your Cruz can't climb the rocks by the river crossing :P

One up for the little wheels!

Was good to see everyone out there.

Haha twit!

Was a good peddle around, pity your Cruz can't climb the rocks by the river crossing :P

at least he tried, the rest of us counted teeth and decided to carry our bikes rather.

you missed some pretty good beer and burgers afterwards, and 2 coke sniffing strays from the gutter...ask Swift..

Haha twit!

Ya we're not proper mountainbikers - us dirt roadies battle out there! Good to see you, next time stay for beer & jager

at least he tried, the rest of us counted teeth and decided to carry our bikes rather.

you missed some pretty good beer and burgers afterwards, and 2 coke sniffing strays from the gutter...ask Swift..

Ha Ha those coke sniffers were something else. Pity you guys didn't get a pic of her leaning over the bar....

Bundu bar for the win with those burgers for sure.

Ya we're not proper mountainbikers - us dirt roadies battle out there! Good to see you, next time stay for beer & jager

Oh the mine shaft we spoke about, i am still trying to find the big steps/drop off Kerry was talking about. Seems the 2nd time she rode it, they were not nearly as big as she remembered :-) great section to add into the route

Edited by Swift01

Hey everyone ...

just a reminder that nest week is the Trailseeker at VG.

If you haven't entered you won't be able to ride till late afternoon as most trails are used for this event.

and for those who are doing it, Good Luck for what is by far the best of the series!

Weather's looking good... a couple days ago I mentioned on the VG Facebook page it'll hit the 30's.. but it's looking more like mid 20's now, which is great because it can can get really... REALLY hot out there!

Specially for the guys doing the full marathon as they get to the Greek Church part of the route!

Hey everyone ...

just a reminder that nest week is the Trailseeker at VG.

If you haven't entered you won't be able to ride till late afternoon as most trails are used for this event.

and for those who are doing it, Good Luck for what is by far the best of the series!

Weather's looking good... a couple days ago I mentioned on the VG Facebook page it'll hit the 30's.. but it's looking more like mid 20's now, which is great because it can can get really... REALLY hot out there!

Specially for the guys doing the full marathon as they get to the Greek Church part of the route!

Are the routes still all accessible this weekend as we are coming through on sat as a prelude to next week!! Edited by MONS

Are the routes still all accessible this weekend as we are coming through on sat as a prelude to next week!!

Yea, should be...might do the same, either that on groenies on Sat

Great stuff! Thanks!! :) Edited by MONS

Are the routes still all accessible this weekend as we are coming through on sat as a prelude to next week!!

Yip Yip Mons... all routes will be available ... AND ...AND... it looks to be a stunning day on Saturday and Sunday so make the most of it... ride ride ride..... :clap:

Yip Yip Mons... all routes will be available ... AND ...AND... it looks to be a stunning day on Saturday and Sunday so make the most of it... ride ride ride..... :clap:

:clap:

I know.. CANT WAIT to go suffer/die/crawl/hikemybike etc etc ... but inbetween all that there will be plenty of awesome cycling happening to!! Counting down the days.....!!!

I have to go to Red Barn with the Canadian :-)

Come join Nicci and I there on Sat, need to start getting her technical up a bit... She's entered the VG70... ;)