Van Gaalens Mountain biking and running trails

L.T.G

Oh the mine shaft we spoke about, i am still trying to find the big steps/drop off Kerry was talking about. Seems the 2nd time she rode it, they were not nearly as big as she remembered :-) great section to add into the route

Is that not the section I did a tuck and roll on two weeks back and we delayed you this week when I walked it to work out what the hell I had done ? still couldn't determine the best line but, as you say, just gotta keep practising.

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that not the section I did a tuck and roll on two weeks back and we delayed you this week when I walked it to work out what the hell I had done ? still couldn't determine the best line but, as you say, just gotta keep practising.

I think that was the mine shaft. Hook up with typhoon (derrick) on sat and he will show you the sections again. He is taking his GF out to VG so she can practice the trails. First proper off road since she broke her ankle

Looks fabulous! I must try get out there again. Did the first Magalies Adventure but haven't managed to get back there.

Isn't there a 24 hour there in December?

Looks fabulous! I must try get out there again. Did the first Magalies Adventure but haven't managed to get back there.

Isn't there a 24 hour there in December?

Yip 7-8 Dec.

Yip 7-8 Dec.

Thanks!

I was hoping it wouldn't be that weekend as I have family commitment out of town then. :-( But at least I can ride the trails anytime. ;-) After Shova I will get back out there.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone riding vG's this weekend ? Am keen for an early ride on Saturday, not too keen to ride solo on the more technical stuff. Need to exorcise some demons from the Trailseeker :-)

• 1 month later...

I got a "great" welcome back to VG after a 2 month absence today!!

Thanks to my stupidity I Lost my car key out on the trails!(like an idiot I didn't zip up my saddle bag after taking something out!)

After retracing about 25km of where I thought it might be, and not finding it, I was so lucky to have it waiting at the farmhouse after being found and handed in by a lady named Sandra ....

Sandra...... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

you saved me a ton of inconvenience and a A LOT of money!!

otherwise the riding was effing brilliant ....just like it always is !!!

Edited by L.T.G

• 2 months later...

Oh and any recommendations for first time outings would be much appreciated. I feel like more of a fun exploration than an out and out lung busting.

Either: Oom Piet or Greek Church (there is a bit of climbing) or stick to the river...If I wasn't riding route 66 you could have joined our Sunday ride as I stay in the area.

The river section going out to Greek Church and back is awesome.

I don't think you can mention VG (or anywhere in the Magalies) and exclude the phrase "lung busting".

Love riding out there, VG trails are awesome :thumbup:

The river section going out to Greek Church and back is awesome.

I don't think you can mention VG (or anywhere in the Magalies) and exclude the phrase "lung busting".

Love riding out there, VG trails are awesome :thumbup:

Concrete ftw

Daggapad ftw

River ftw

Savanna hills ftw

Oom piets ftw

Pomphuis ftw

Revenge ftw

Railroad ftw

Church ftw

So many good sections, its like a smorgasbord of lekker riding