Tokai Maintenance and Building

EvilRabbit

Guest Omega Man

you want big jumps and you don't want to fly to France is a misnomer.. that might be exactly where you will be flying to!

Proper jumps bru. PMB big. As par of the skills area. Nothing says skills like a fat whip on a huge jump. I'll show you where. it's already almost there.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Want sound effects when we hit the jumps. Woooooosh. Thunk.

Want sound effects when we hit the jumps. Woooooosh. Thunk.

gonna need something bigger than a bobcat bro,took a tlb a couple days to build pmb tables

Guest Omega Man

gonna need something bigger than a bobcat bro,took a tlb a couple days to build pmb tables

Stop being so negative bru. Besides. In Cape Town we work.

I cycled up & down Tokai yesterday afternoon and saw the huge mountain of laterite that was delivered. I reckon the wheelbarrows are going to work hard tomorrow. I still cannot promise to help, but might just be able to put in a brief appearance and contribute a wheelbarrow run or two. My roots are riding beautifully after last weekends build, its flow is back and I can't believe that one days build can achieve so much. Great stuff!

Guest Omega Man

My roots are riding beautifully after last weekends build, its flow is back and I can't believe that one days build can achieve so much.

I had to huck to the rafters to clear that jump after the left hander. It needs some laterite to make it a permanent feature but it's pretty rad to have to carry max speed throught there to clear a jump. Everyone seems to be happy with it.

Guys we are still building today despite the cloudy weather and the likelyhood of rain. In fact the rain might make it easier to handle the material.

Guest Omega Man

Thanks to everyone that came to build today.

It's not often I use the word proper and Tokai in the same sentence. But.

That stepdown into the quarry on the DH track is PROPER. (Please don't try it if you aren't comfortable with big gaps. You will wake up in hospital)

And that berm on the Vasbyt XC trail is PROPER

Truly something to be proud of. Well done guys.

Well done chaps. Your effort is much appreciated.

How was the weather? It didnt seem like the most cheerful day...

Guest Omega Man

That stepdown into the quarry is SICK. proper sick. And the step up after is just as rad. Of course there's the added bonus that the step up doubles as a monster hip to the left. Riders like Dan and Theo are gonna go so high and so flat on that hip. Even though I was destroyed from building last night I couldn't get to sleep cos I was amping to hit those features.

The berms on Vasbyt are also ridiculous.

Those features would not look out of place in Chatel. Praise does not come any higher than that from me.

This with spades and wheelbarrows in the PISSING rain. Can you guys imagine what we would have achieved if we had had access to the bobcat?

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Bro we built a FAAAAAT stepdown and stepup yesterday with wheelbarrows and spades. You'd love it Davo. If you are nice to me I'll even organize that one of the Richard's let's you ride your old Mak to try the stuff out when you here for Linkin Park.

• 3 weeks later...