Formula 1...

'Dale

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad used to be a keen photographer back then. Would basically take pics and sell them to to drivers/riders and cover his development costs. I’ve looked at those pics so many times and asked him, where “exactly” were you standing or lying when you took that pic? To get the answer, on the side of the track, on the kerb, under the catch fence. Just crazy times. When men were men and sheep were scared.

Pit stops was a free for for all till... was it not also after the black weekend at Imola 94 when a wheel came off under acceleration whilst still inside the pits? Until then, you had to be wakey and duck if you were in the pits - and the stops definitely did not remain at 16 seconds. We can thank a South African for that!  :thumbup:

Seeing a few tweets with rumors saying Seb is going to Merc to join LH. VB to Renault to replace DC. DC to McLaren to replace CS......................

Seeing a few tweets with rumors saying Seb is going to Merc to join LH. VB to Renault to replace DC. DC to McLaren to replace CS......................

I will believe when it announced.

Saw articles where they say Daimler wants it, bu then other articles where its said Lewis and Toto are trying to block it........

Saw articles where they say Daimler wants it, bu then other articles where its said Lewis and Toto are trying to block it........

Yeah right now reporters can just thumb suck anything and it will get people talking. Toto already has 1 Vettel on his payroll. I will bet good money that Lewis will do anything(except take a pay cut) to not have Seb at Merc.

Yeah right now reporters can just thumb suck anything and it will get people talking. Toto already has 1 Vettel on his payroll. I will bet good money that Lewis will do anything(except take a pay cut) to not have Seb at Merc.

Care to share more on the above in bold.

I think they could use Vettel as a tool to get Lewis to sign. He held off signing after Max signed for RB, he wanted more money after that. 

I do kind of hope Vettel retires, and I am a massive Vettel fan.

Said it before, will say it again. No ways that Lewis will allow a driver to join that will beat him in the same car. Toto is probably just not keen on having to hand Lewis biodegradable tissues all season long.

Oh yes, you wrote 1 Vettel and I just read Vettel......

Wonder how these early signings work. I mean Ferrari has ties to Mick Schumacher, where does he fit in with le Clerc's long signing......

Yeah I don't know hey. I reckon these teams have a lot of young guys under them in all forms of the sport, we just only hear about the likes of Mick and Fabian due to their surnames. 

Check how many moto3 guys belong to the VR46 academy, wonder how many will see the big bikes? Only so many seats available, best guys must get them.

It kind off angers me that merc don't support Bottas more but at the same time Vettel could be A very good addition to their team

Because one he's a super high caliber driver and two because he has alot more start power than Bottas and I'd argue Hamilton

Obviously he's not a social media tycoon because I thinks he doesn't want to be but people want to see him and the attention he draws will be good from merc as we're heading into uncertain times

I think Merc with Hamilton and Vettel could go down as the best team in history.

This all pointless if Hamilton indeed has the power to tell them not to sign and Seb and they have to listen.

Silly season is well under way and we're still a month form the first race taking place

Yeah I don't know hey. I reckon these teams have a lot of young guys under them in all forms of the sport, we just only hear about the likes of Mick and Fabian due to their surnames. 

Check how many moto3 guys belong to the VR46 academy, wonder how many will see the big bikes? Only so many seats available, best guys must get them.

Must be honest, I think the early signings are to keep them from other manufacturers, to a degree.

Then if the rider loses form, or there is no space, they simply plop them into a test seat and leave them there.

Ocon is a prime example.

It's quite sad.

No health and safety in them days hey.... no virtual cars and restarts.

Ja.....I watched a 60s race on Youtube. A guy's car crashed and was burning. Marshalls on the opposite side of the track with hoses. Race carried on and the cars were just passing through the jet of water.